LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Holy Grail - trying to transition from LRT3 to LRT4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there

Today, I have finally had the chance after many months to sit down and watch the new tutorial on holy grail processing with LRT4.

It all looks great, and I know as I've been part using it with LRT3, to get my finished product.

But i have the problem in that I know with my sequences that in LRT3 I was able to use the HG wizard and adjustment the first and last exposure to where I needed but I don't appear to be able to do that with sliders in LRT4 as it works by luminance.

How can I easily make the transition from LRT3 to LRT4?

It is just the HG Wizard where my processing falls down as I relied on it on LRT3. But I want to be able to move on from LRT3 to 4 in a relatively painless way if I can.

But how?

Thanks in advance!
Hi Julian,
LRT4 will automatically try to migrate your sequence - say it will take the holy grail adjustments from the Exposure and put it to the background layer that LRT4 uses. Just try it. It should work seamlessly.
Just note that once you saved the sequence with LRT4, it won't work with LRT3 anymore.
This is what I'm currently doing. But after watching the tutorial video there are some things that I need to do once it's imported and this is where I am stumped.

For example, in the Showcase section where I posted my short video on Paris the sequences with the Arc de Triomphe in the beginning, middle and end could do with some of the highlights being taken down so to avoid burn out. LRT4 can do this but I need a combination of the two.

Can I make my initial ramping in LRT3 using the HG wizard; import to LRT4 and then make my adjustments?

Feeling stuck because I want to ditch using 3 for 4 but it's this initial part that I need to sort.