LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Strange flickering during time lapse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 

I'm new to this forum and to time lapse in general. I would love to hear your ideas about the following.

During my most recent time lapse I find a type of flickering that is quite typical. I would expect pinnacles every ones in a while. In stead this flickering is rather consistent between two 'levels'. 

I added a screenshot from LRTimelapse to show the situation. The scene of the sequence was very constant with not any large differences in light or color. 

Could this be a malfunction of my camera?

Btw LRTimelapse removed this flickering perfectly (so, Gunter, if you need a reference clip for the deflickering mode you can have it).

thanks 

Simon Plat
The Netherlands
This looks like a rather bad aperture flickering - did you stop down the lens? Means: which aperture did you use? Can you try shooting wide open (Aperture fully open, smallest value) and check if this still happens?
Hi Gunther, thanks for your time! This whole sequence is shot with f/10, a rather more open aperture than I normally use. I have sequences with f/16 and f/22 that did not show this strange behaviour.
I'll try fully open and see what happens.

regards

Simon