LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: D600 very slow over USB to qdslr LrTimelapse screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings!  I am new here, but did my very best to search and search for this issue so that I am not repeating a known issue.  Please link me to the thread if I am mistaken. 

I am shooting with a D600 using a USB cable connected to a 2012 Nexus 7 (already plan to upgrade to the 2013) but it would take around 8-10 seconds for qdslr to load the next image.  This was at full resolution 14 bit lossless RAW + jpeg basic.  I tried to reduce the file size by choosing medium and small image size and even shooting in DX mode to make smaller files.  This did improve the speed but was still 6-7 seconds between shutter closing and image appearing on screen.   

I then tried connecting to my Macbook Pro quadcore i7, which was faster, but still around 5 seconds at full resolution and finally down around 3 seconds in DX mode. 

I connected my D5100 via USB to my Macbook for comparison (16.2 mp) and the image popped up in under 3 seconds consistently.  

Seems pretty strange that the D5100 is faster than the D600 even when I have the D600 set to crop mode, making it have the same MP and relatively same file size.  

Is there something I am missing?  Or is there possibly an issue with my D600?  I am also using 90mbps cards in the D600 and the D5100 only has a 40mbps.. very strange.  Any info from experience with these cameras would be greatly appreciated!!
That's indeed strange, probably something only the developer of qDDB can answer. Please check, if the RAW files are transmitted - they shouldn't. Try those tests on the LRT screen with "capture sample" and see if you can reproduce it.
Thank you Gunther, I will try the qddb forum and see if the camera is attempting to send RAW files. Thanks for your quick response and all the contributions to this forum!!
Ok hoping to get another response here.. the qdslr forum is basically hopeless. The LR screen is certainly reading jpgs, set camera to only jpg and it still takes around 7-8 seconds to transfer the file on a 2013 nexus 7. My D5100 takes less than 2 seconds..

Have you or anyone else had trouble working with a D600 and qdslr? I am really at this point starting to wonder if there is a strange issue with my copy of the D600. Anyone with experience using a D600 and qdslr would be most greatly appreciated!!
I can only guess too, since I don't have a D600 anymore. But normally it should work, all the other Nikons I have and know work with the current version. But of course, it could be a bug in the current qDslrDashboard app too. Maybe you could test older versions?