LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Doubts for a long term timelapse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
This is my first post in this forum, hope that anyone could help me.

I’m trying to make a long term timelapse with a Nikon d80 but I need some help with some doubts I have:
[font=Symbol]- [/font]Anyone has used an intervalometer that is able to do for example from 8:00am to 6:00pm. I’m looking the best solution and if it is possible not to expensive.

[font=Symbol]-  [/font]About the best camera set up, Do you think shutter priority is better solution than full auto mode?

I will connect the camera to an external battery with a dummy battery and right now I’m looking for the external enclosure, probably I will use
a videosecurity water proof case from amazon.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Cheers.
I don't know about an interval timer that is capable to do that, but it should be easy to program an arduino to do so, if you know someone who is able to do it.

If you use automatic exposure, and yes, it might make sense for that type of shooting, I'd go for aperture priority (A or Av).

When editing you can then use the sophisticated filters in LRTimelapse Pro to remove unwanted images and deflicker at the end and do the grading.
I don’t know anything to do it with Arduino, and the problem is that I need it for next week. I think with a normal intervalometer the battery will last at least a couple of month but it will shoot also at night.

Ok, then I will use aperture priority. Do you think with ISO 100 will be good?

I am a bit worried about the aperture priority because I will let the camera making a 6 month timelapse, and it will shoot also at night, with aperture priority I think it will make 30sec shoots during all night and that will shorten the battery life. I guess I have not alternative about that.

About the software will try the pro version, I think you are doing a great job with that.

Thank you very much for your help.

Edit: Oh and any idea of the Ah of an external 12V battery that at least would last for 3 months?