LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: How to fix a HG sequence of Milky Way that paused mid-capture?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,

I have a sequence of 1,000 frames day to night with the Milky Way that due to me not having a DC charger the camera died mid-sequence after 700 frames. The interval was 20 seconds and the camera missed 2 minutes worth of frames, so in the video the milky way "jumps". Does anyone know how I can smooth this jump out?

My idea was to use the intermediate JPG sequence frames and try to smooth out the frame that skips manually changing the position of the sky compared to the frame right before it, via layer masking in Photoshop. 

I was doing a simply pan movement with my Emotimo TB3, D750, and Samsung phone to complete a holy grail via qDash.

Attached is a photo where the frames skipped because my camera battery died.

[attachment=1236]

Thank you for the help.

Cheers,
Matt
I think this will be very difficult to fix I'm afraid...
I was afraid of that, do you have any thoughts on how to smooth it? If need be I will separate the video into 2 sequences, one 20 sec long and the other after the skip ~14 sec long.
yes, that's what I'd do. Just cut another scene inbetween.
You could try Re:Flex Morph in After Effects that has a option to replace missing frames (with an auto align function) but not sure it will work on a milky way shot where you need absolute alignment perfection. I've tested it on hyperlapses with 1 or 2 missing frames, it was ok. You could watch a tutorial here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVBqF2z-pMM
Hi Yannick, Thank you for the tips. I will check and see if that option would work. I am using Premiere Pro.
I wanted the video, but do you know how I would do this in Premiere Pro? I could not find the tools she used in her video.

Thanks,

Matt
I think it's only for After Effects, not Premiere
Maybe this can help you. But its just for Final Cut Pro X. 

http://christophmalin.com/2015/09/how-to...e-footage/
I had the same issue with a time lapse the other week. I just made it into two different films and zoomed in on one. To be honest, it worked fine and you'll be the only one who knows it messed up.