LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: PULSE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Gunter,

did you already had a look at the new "pulse" device which is currently on kickstarter?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alp...escription

I'm very interested because of potential full control of shutter speed, iso AND aperture - without dslrdashboard (because the full automated technique don't works with canon)

In the descriptions you can read: "we've designed this feature specifically to work with LRTimelapse"

Thanks for letting us know

Best, Martin
Hi Martin,
I'm talking with them. We will be working in including a similar auto holy grail feature like in qDDB but this will still take time.

BTW: The canon problem with qDDB should be fixed in the latest version according to Zoltan, just try it!
Hi Gunter,

thanks for letting me know so quickly!

Cheers, Martin
Hi Gunter,

Good news that you are talking auto Holy Grail with the folks at Alpine.

By any chance is 3-way motion syncing part of the PULSE discussion?

They already offer linear syncing but its by matching an independent linear controller's settings to their Radian settings.  It seemed reasonable to consider Pulse as a Sync Hub for camera and motion controllers - i.e. let camera and motion controllers do what they do best and have PULSE do the syncing.

I floated this idea to Alpine but have not heard back yet

John
Hi Gunther,

eine Integration des Auto-Holy-Grail in Pulse wäre wirklich mehr als super und wünschenswert. Ich hoffe ihr bekommt das hin :) :)
Wenn Pulse über USB angeschlossen wird, entfällt ja auch die Möglichkeit, gleichzeitig qDDB zu nutzen, oder? Beziehungsweise bleibt dann nur die Möglichkeit über Wifi?

Liebe Grüße,
Matze
I'l answer in English: I don't know much about how the Pulse will work and what the guys at radian are coming up with. I just offered to assist with my knowledge. But currently I've got no draft for a concept from them.
I use a Radian which is excellent. They have uperb app to manage it and excellent tutorial videos.

Also I have a Michron which I use as a sophisticated intervalometer.

Both products are excellent value and if you have a problem, they respond with an answer...the opposite of camera manufactures or Adobe....

They have put out a crowd sourcing request for the Pulse development and have raised $ millions I understand.

And, they are from La Jolla CA area which cannot be bad....

PULSE/LRT/LR combination is exactly what I need and I hope they are able to bring PULSE to market later this year.