LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Sony a7s strange behaviour...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Sony a7s skips exposures when shooting timelapses with DP NMX controller! Out of, say, 450 frames it usually skips 4-5 frames.
Jay from DP suggested that I set the trigger value on NMX to .2 or .3 but I van't get any timelapse from a7s without a few skipped intervals (exposures).

It doesn't happen on my Canon gear!

Any ideas?!
Which interval did you use? With short intervals eventually any camera starts skipping frames some time.
So try longer intervals, shorter shutter times, set the RAW files compression to lossy, turn off noise reduction in camera, use a faster card, shoot raw only (not raw+jpg), etc... It's all about the difference between interval and exposure time that has to be long enough to fit everything the camera has to do to process and save the image. At the beginning you will have a buffer, but once it's full, the camera might start skipping frames.
Those tips are not sony specific but apply to all cameras.
Hi Gunther! Thanks for your reply!
All those things you mentioned I practice! For instance yesterday night I shot a stars timelapse (with a power windmill in front). Interval was 19 sec. Shutter was 13 sec (it was half moon). NR was off, I always shoot RAW, the card is pretty fast one Lexar SDXC 600X 64GB. Camera had 4 sec of "blank" time. NR was off, preview was off, I even turned off monitor (only viewfinder)... Stage Zero ® finished its move at sec 16... So, it was in idle state for 4 seconds before new interval. I think it is pretty enough for "buffering". No way... I had 2 skipped exposures! I guess something is wrong with it! A few hours before I shot a TL with 5D2 and all was okay! There you go!