LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: wrong pixel count of rendered videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Gunther,
I regularly get strange pixel count after rendering sequences, like 1919x1080 or 3839 x 2160
it mostly happens with h264 exports in 1920x1080
the videos are still playable but i'm just afraid stock agencies will reject my files because of wrong pixel count so i re-encode them with Premiere.
So was wondering if anyone else had this issue
Best rds,
Fred
Seems that the aspect ratio of your images is not 16:9.

If you render in 1080p this means 1080 pixel height, and that's exactly what you get, LRTimelapse is doing it right. If the aspect ratio is 16:9 the width will be 1920 - but if not, it might be different.
So make sure to set the crop of all images to 16:9 when editing the keyframes. Sync only the crop to all images, export again.
Another option would be to click on "Force 16:9" in the LRTimelapse render dialog.
thanks for your reply, 
the aspect ratio is always 16:9, i tried checking or un-checking "force 16:9" result was the same
the thing is when this happens (usually with h264 1080) i just change render settings to ProRes 4K and the pixel count is then correct, this without changing anything to my images.
Next time it happens I'll do a screen capture to show you the aspect ratio is 16:9
Yes please. Send a screenshot of the render dialog and check the pixel sizes of the intermediary images in the LRT_ folder.
I made some screen capture so you can see :
LR-Library showing 16:9 aspect
LR-Develop showing pixel count
LRT export window
LRT-Temp tiff file details
Rendered file in h264 versus ProRes showing different pixel counts
I did not change anything between the 2 exports, only selected ProRes instead of h264

[attachment=1275]
[attachment=1276]
[attachment=1277]
[attachment=1278]
[attachment=1280]
Okay, this seems to be a rounding issue that seems to happen exactly with your image dimensions, never noticed it before. Will have to check. What happens, if you remove the tick at "force 16:9" in the LRT Render dialog, does it make any difference?
tried that but didn't make a difference
i'm not 100% sure but as far as i recall it only happened with h264 exports
I'll try to reproduce...
I've tried with intermediary files exaclty in the dimension of yours and could not reproduce.
I'm not sure, if the finder on the mac shows the right pixel size - maybe you could check in After Effects or any other video editor if that file that gets indicated as 1919x1080 is not in fact 1920x1080.

Then please render the file again in LRTImelapse, so that you get the "wrong" pixel size and send me the log file (info/render) after rendering. In the log file you will see the width and height that LRTimelapse passes to the encoder too.

You could as well send me the first 5 images of your the intermediary sequence via wetransfer or dropbox, maybe I can reproduce with those.
I'll do that when i get back home as i have nothing on the laptop
 or before if it happens again in the sequences i will (hopefully) shoot during my holidays...
Pages: 1 2