LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: AS-15 Sync Terminal to trigger motion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear All,
I have a D7100 and would like to use the flash synchro cable to actuate the controller as well described by Gunther on the Holy Grail section.
I am using a rail of my fabrication so my question is:  How do you do on long pose to avoid the motion happening during the shooting period?
Do you have a timer or do you use the Flash in a certain way?
Thank you for your input.
Kind regards
Berdine
Normally you configure this in the controller. The controllers usually have a "delay" setting that you set to the longest exposure, so that the movement happens after the exposure is done.
Dear Gunther,
Thank you for your quick answer. Due to limited resources, I am building my own controller so I will do some test using the Rear-curtain sync and see if I can come up with a solution.
Kind regards
Berdine
[size=medium][font=Times New Roman]Dear Gunter,[/font][/size]
[size=medium][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/size]
[size=medium][font=Times New Roman]Just to let you know that working with the Rear Curtain Flash Synchro is working well.  It sends a signal to the motion control at the end of the exposure whatever its length.[/font][/size]

[size=medium][font=Times New Roman]One more point that may help other users: due to the fact that I am using a power bank I found much cheaper to use a TPLink 3020 and also easier to source compared with the 3040.  I followed the very good post from Hubaiz (thank's to him) found below[/font][/size]

http://dslrdashboard.info/phpBB3/viewtop...3020#p1801

[size=medium][font=Times New Roman]Note: When flashing the 3020 it is a difference compared with the excellent step by step video tutorial about the TPLink 3040.  To connect the first time with the 3020 from the Web Browser it is not 192.168.0.1 that needs to be entered into the address field but the IP address you can find written in the default setting label sticker attached to the router, in my case 192.168.0.254. [/font][/size]

[attachment=1592]

[size=medium][font=Times New Roman]All other steps are exactly the same and to connect to the OpenWRT it is as explained 192.168.1.1[/font][/size]

Again, thank you for your help
Kind regards
Berdine