LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Dual Renders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Gunther,

I'd like to see an option to render two types of video files at the Render Video dialog box .

It would of course render one type of file first. As the intermediary jpgs or tiffs are already created you only need a radio button or another area in the dialog box to ask to render another filetype, resolution, etc. .

The scenario is I want to render a ProRes 4K file for archival but need a 1080P MP4 file for mockup or even storyboarding. The reason to use the MP4 file is of course lower overheard requirements with regards to computer specification. It may also be I want to watermark the 1080P file for showing but as the ProRes 4K file is video stock I don't watermark it. Radio button and option to have it done automatically versus having to reset render settings would aid in workflow.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,
Chester

[attachment=1358]
HI Chester, I'll think about it. But let me explain, how I do it - probably a tip that you do not know yet.

First I render the smaller MP4s, to check if everything is cool. I do this for all sequences in the project. Sometimes I have to rerender because of this to fix etc... Until I'm completely finished, I do not bother with the prores versions.

Only once I'm finished with all the work and all MP4 versions are perfect, then I go to File/Render Video in LRT, set the settings for the prores rendering then I open the chooser for the sequences and mark all sequences (using shift or ctrl/cmd) - now LRTimelapse will do a batch rendering of all sequences in Prores.

I think this is the better (and faster) approach then always rendering MP4+Prores.
Hi Gunther,

Thanks for explaining the ability to batch render with the Multi-Select. If I do this method I'll have to ensure all my intermediary files are in place and not removed.

It does make sense this way. I'll need more storage to keep the intermediary files.

Thank you.

Chester