LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: color changes due to motion blur
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I enable motion blur, I find that it decreases the saturation and changes the colors of the rendered video. Can I avoid this somehow?

Motion Blur: High (same result as medium)

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202016-02-28%20at%206.26.04%20AM.png]
Motion Blur OFF
[Image: Screen%20Shot%202016-02-28%20at%206.26.01%20AM.png]
The higher the Motion Blur, the more the colors might change. Normally this effect is subtile but sometimes noticeable. This is due to the way the MBP algorithm works. Mostly the settings Low and Medium don't alter the colors too much, I'd avoid "High" in such cases.
Yes, I have the same problem. Colors are very desaturated and not accured with motion blur apply. I don't use it...
If you need it anyway, you can upgrade color saturation in your postprod software ( for me, final cut pro X) but it is not really the same
effect as your original tiff or Jpeg files.
To smooth transition between frames and get a "motion blur" result, I just export my timelapses without motion blur, then in final cut I change speed from 100% to 99% and use Frame Blending option (Adds in-between frames by blending individual pixels of neighboring frames.) Slow-motion clips created with Frame Blending appear to play back more smoothly....!