LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Auto Holy Grail Function Grayed out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello everyone! happy to be here as a novice timelapser.
im using canon 70d and HTC M8 android.
im able to control DslrDashboard with my smartphone via WIFI with no issues. i can change setting, take/view photos and everything working fine.
the problem is in the LRTimelapse section on the app. for some reason the Holy Grail Function is Grayed out and i can't select it. i also notice when the interval timer is working and the cam taking photos the frame count on the main menu not changing and stay on 1/3. the "Display next JPG" button is clickable but do nothing.
yesterday for reason i can't explain the Auto Holy Grail Function suddenly worked. but today when i tried the Function was Grayed out as always.
can someone know what can be the problem?
thanks in advance and sorry for my broken english Smile
Hi and welcome! I believe you need to start with "Capture sample" as this serves as the first reference frame for initiating the auto holy grail function.
Yes, you need a preview first, in order to be able to be able to activate the Auto function.
So just start shooting, then press "Display next JPG". When you have a preview, then you can activate the Auto Holy Grail.
Make sure that the camera is set to RAW+JPG
TY guys for the fast response!
im pushing the Capture sample option and i can hear the cam take a photo but the Auto Holy Grail Function is still Grayed out and i can't see no preview of the photos im taking(only in LRTimelapse section. in DslrDashboard main menu i can see with no problems)
the 70D is on RAW+the smallest JPG option.
So the preview is not being transferred for some reason, that's why the auto holy grail is not active (it wouldn't make sense without preview).
I don't know, why the preview does not get transferred, please ask for support regarding this on the qDslrDashboard forum at http://dslrdashboard.info - maybe Zoltan can help!
tnx Gunther!
i Uninstalled the app and install it again and now the Holy Grail Function is working perfectly!
btw - when i changing the EV in the menu down nothing happen, it stay at 0. do you know what the reason?
Why would you want to change "EV", this won't have any effect, since your camera will be in M-Mode when shooting time lapse.
You're right, timelapse+ and regular LRtimelapse deflicker is working very good