LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Rokinon 12 mm vs Zeizz Touit 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm using a Sony A6000 with a ''Rokinon 12mm f/2.0 NCS CS'' for doing timelapse. I like the lens because it is manual focus, affordable and easy to adjust a infinite focus. It is easy to put ''electrical tape'' on the lens to keep the infinite focus during transportation from one place to another. The problem I see with this lens, it that it doesn't transmit metadata ''exif'' to the camera, therefore, the file will not have the apperture (f5.6) used during shooting.

I also have a Zeizz Touit F2.8 12 mm lens. With this lens, all metadata are transfered to the camera. Focus is entirely electronic, and much more difficult to make an infinite focus. I have to do the infinite focus each time because it always move a bit between each shooting.

Therefore, I have a preference for the Rokinon 12 mm lens (easy to use). Will the fact that the metadata are not transfered to the camera will create a problem when developping the photos in LRTimelapse ?

Bernard Déry
http://quebecpanorama.com/en/
Whenever you load a sequence without aperture data into LRTimelapse, you will get asked if you would like to "tag" the aperture used into the exif data. So just provice your "f/5,6" and you are good to go.
The only thing that you cannot do so easily is to ramp the aperture while shooting, since you would then have to provide different apertures for the sub sequences with diferent apertures (this is possible too) in order to get the holy grail wizard working for the aperture too.