LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: flickering in sunset timelapset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive been experiencing problems with sunset timelapses, even after I disabled all the content-aware sliders such as whites, blacks, clarity, and dehaze in Lightroom

The photos was shot at the largest aperture.

I tried visual deflickering in LRTimelapse, but it doesn't help very much. Is there anything I can do?
Did you set the reference area for deflicker to the sky? (draw a rectangle to the upper right part in the preview, then redo the deflicker. Use Refine, if necessary.)
Yes - I used only the sky as the reference area, and deflickered several times.
any suggestions?
Please send me the sequence via Wetransfer or Dropbox, I will then have a look.
did you get my message?
Yes, I've checked your sequence and sent you feedback already.

I'm pasting it here for all others:

----
I've checked your sequence. This is no linear flicker, that you are seing there, it's exaclty the effect that if you edit too much, Lightroom will introduce this kind of "Contrast-Flicker". This is nothing that you can remove with LRTimelapse, it's not in the original files, it's because of too strong editing. I mean you have a rather flat sequence here, that you are boosting quite hard. If you do a more natural editing, there is no flicker at all.

I couldn't figure out which editing exactly cause the effect on your sequence - but I redid it with a bit more subtile editing (and even used Whites and Blacks and quite some Dynamic) and I get no flicker at all, even without deflickering.

This is the Lightroom development engine, you have to learn what works for time lapse and what not. If you experience situations like this, mostly you have to use other tools or just edit a bit more carefully.

Often it helps to start over with the whole sequence, by using "Metadata/Initialize" in LRTimelapse and then do the process again.

Here is a faq post about the dos and don'ts when editing:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-what...htroom-acr