LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: reworking my set of RAW files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Gunther, great software but being new to time-lapse I've been learning it through trial and error.  Im working with a sequence of time through 1 full day.  Night time > sunrise > daytime > sunset > into dark sky again.  So not quite 24 hours.  

my query is this: 

Ive rendered a sequence and have a movie from it and would like to start the process over with a new set of keyframes.  So Ive gone back to the Keyframe tab (LRTL asks if i want to generate new KFs to which I say yes.  I then increase the KFs to 20 and save.  I drag to LR but LR tells me the files are already imported so i accept this and view my KFs (the Read Metadata from Files is not an option to select) 
When i view my KFs (should be 20 right?) I only see the selection of KFs from the last time i worked with the sequence. 

Could you shed some light on this for me? 

Cheers
Shane from Sydney Australia Smile
If you want to do a new edit, it's not sufficient, to just set other frames as keyframes, since this will preserve the old edits.

I'd recommend to make a snapshot of your current editing as a first step. Use the menu function or the small "+" button on the top right of the table to make a snapshot, this fill save the editing of the whole sequence, so that you can come back to that, if needed.

Then to "Metadata/Initialize" to reset all editing. Go to Lightroom and remove the folder from the catalog (right click on the folder, remove).

Now start over in LRTimelapse with the Workflow.
I continue to this, as I have a similar problem and your advice can not solve it.

I want to start over. But after initiallizing the Metadata the previous crop is still applied to my images.
I am wondering, where LRT stores these Information. I deleted all xmp, the .lrt directory and initialized the metadata.
But the rectangle, showing the crop, ist still visible in LRT. When I drag my sequence to Lightroom the images are still cropped.

How can LRT still know of a crop ( and Lightroom too. As I am importing from a diretory just containing the dng)?
Within Lightroom I can not get rid of the previous crop, even if I import the images direcly with Lightroom.

I don't get it.
Lightroom saves Metadata right into the DNG files whereas LRTimelapse uses Sidecar files. Any program will read whatever is newer.
After you initialize, you have to save from LRTimelapse to get the updated sidecar files. If you just delete them, both programs will use the XMP metadata that LR formerly embedded into to DNG files.
One more thing: make sure that in the LRTimelapse settings you have NOT set "Set 16:9 Crop when initializing", before initializing. Otherwise you will get that initial 16:9 crop.
hmmm, my expectation is, that I do 'non-destructive' edits with LR.
Sure that LR saves to the DNG-Files? My files have the filedate from the time of the initial conversion. On Windows a change to that file would change the filedate.
Now, after a re-Import into LR the Images have no editing-history and I see no way to go back to the original frame.
My hope is, that the changes to the images are located in the LR-catalog.
If you save Metadata in Lightroom for DNG or JPG, they will be written into the files itself (as metadata).
I'm not a fan of that approach too, that's why LRTimelapse only uses sidecar files. It's much better in terms of performance too.