LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Flicker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
Last night I tried the TB3 on a slider. When I prosessed the sequence, I could not get rid of some flicker in the horizon (supposed it caused by the carlight), as you can see in the movie. I deflickered a lot of times, an the purple line is all the way inside the green deflickerline.
Just wonder if there is something I can do with this. (By the way, the speed of the TB3 was to high, first time using this).

I also want to enclose a screenshot of the Lrt-window, but there is no such option here.
EDIT: When I look at the original images in Lr shot at f2.8, the red horizon is the same colour all the time. But when i look at the LRT-prosessed images, the light in the horizon change when the car light show up.

https://vimeo.com/161624570
Password: TB3
While Kessler slider did you use? I have the Kessler original Phillip Bloom slider it is much too heavy.

Rich
Stage One. Had it for years, just started using it! Very lightweight slider Smile
I don't see bad flicker there. It's just the headlamps of the cars and a rather strong editing in Lightroom.
Make sure to set the reference area to the sky when deflickering.
I agree, that the pan is a bit too fast.
I´m really struggling with this. I have several sequences with light in the horizon and northern lights.
The problem is that the light in the horizon flicker.
So I initialized metadata and did it all over again in several sequences, not only this. This time Basic Workflow without deflickering.
But still, the light in the horizon flicker, due to either changing in the northern lights or lights from cars.

All sequences is shot with f2,8, full opening.
I have also tried to set reference area to the red sky, but it dont help.
I also have done little editing.
I mean, if that's natural changes in brightness, you cannot remove them, without adding "inverse" flicker to other parts of the sequence.
I'd use a bit of deflicker only on the whole sequence and see, if this helps, if not, leave it without deflicker and use only Motion Blur Plus when rendering, this will help.