LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Syrp Genie-mini
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Gunther,

I bought a Genie-mini panning head and I have been having a little bit of trouble with it regarding stuttering on the sequence, I got in touch with Syrp and they are looking into the problem but they seem to be baffled as to the method I am using in the post production using LRtimelapse.
Here is one of the questions which I am certain you may be able to answer:

[size=small][font='Helvetica Neue', 'Segoe UI', Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]>>HI Rodrigo, [/font][/size]

[size=small][font='Helvetica Neue', 'Segoe UI', Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]>>We are unsure what is happening here. We are certain there is a setting that is being missed in post production. The Genie Mini is panning nice and >>smooth. [/font][/size]

[size=small][font='Helvetica Neue', 'Segoe UI', Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]>>Is there a setting called frame blend or ghosting in LR timelapse? You may have this selected in the program. We have not seen this before. [/font][/size]

[size=small][font='Helvetica Neue', 'Segoe UI', Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]I would be obliged by your kind input.[/font][/size]

[size=small][font='Helvetica Neue', 'Segoe UI', Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]regards,[/font][/size]

[size=small][font='Helvetica Neue', 'Segoe UI', Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]Rodrigo[/font][/size]
I try to send the timelapse in question but it is an mp4 and it the thread wont accept this type of file, could I send privately to your email?.

regards,

Rodrigo
Hi Gunther,

I have uploaded the timelapse to you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JfnIbTl2MY
It looks blurred to me, I would appreciate you expertise.

regards,

Rodrigo
Hi Rodrigo, i din't have the genie mini, but I'm looking at getting one. However, after looking at your video i have 3 questions:

1 - were you usng auto-focus?
2 - does your lens have vibration reduction (VR or IS)?
3 - what was your imterval time?

Both auto focus and VR/IS will create some lens/camera shake when they activate everytime the shutter is actviated. if your interval is too short perhaps this is residial shake from the AF and VR while the genie is moving. Just a thought.

Hope you figure it out.
If you are using Motion Blur Plus in the rendering dialog, this could happen.
Hi Darren and Nikonman,

Darren I shoot in manual totally, AF=off as well as VR, the problem was to do with Motion blur plus, it was switch on and Gunther put me on the right track. Here is a link to the revised timelapse, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b66WUPaH...load_owner
I would really appreciate your comments/suggestions guys.

Regards,

Rodrigo
rodigo, have you tried Holy Grail timelapses with your new Genie Mini? If so, love to hear your experience
Hi Xoda,

So far I haven't, I need to find a manual lens for it, rather than twisting the lens.

regards,

Rodrigo
Render the sequence again, if you still have the LRTimelapse Render File. Try it with no Motion Blur added and see what gives. I would also put in that you'd get better results with a wider aperture and ND for the shutter speed.