LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Going beyond Lightroom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I am moving away from Lightroom to Capture One Pro for my photo editing, it would be nice to have LRTimelapse work with Capture One Pro as well so I can do the same with my time lapse sequences. 

Lightroom has become a real snail when it comes to performance, and Capture One Pro is not only faster, but it also does a better job processing RAW files.
C1 is a niche that I won't be supporting soon. As a one man developer I cannot afford to spend the time it would take to support another platform, I'm really sorry. Adobe has established an open standard when it comes to the XMP-interface and it's one of the best RAW converters available for a very reasonable price. The performance it not a big problem, if you do first the LRT/LR work on a couple of sequences and then export multiple sequences over night from Lightroom in parallel.
Thanks for the reply. It was I expected to hear, but thought I might put a bug in your ear as more photographers I know are considering CP1 as an alternative to LR... mostly for two reasons: 1) LR CC has become a slog when it comes to performance on every level, not just sequence output (but, I have noticed that that has become slower), and 2) LR is at best the third best RAW converter at this point behind CP1 and Irradiant Developer - especially for Fuji RAW files, but also for all RAW files.
It is very likely in the near future, I will only be using LR for time lapse sequences so that I can use it with LRT and CP1 for all my still photography.
I am shooting Phase One IQ3 100mp and use C1. Only use LR for LRtimelapse. Would really like a C1timelapse. I do understand the time to support another platform. However, Phase One is really promoting C1 and it is coming more mainstream.
I've had contact with Phase One, but currently the do not offer an XMP interface like it would be needed to interact with the software.
It is very true Adobe products have become slower and slower after each release, same goes for almost all other Adobe products.
Hi guys, just want to let you know I'm still interested in a workflow with Capture One and Lrtimelapse (or C1timelapse as it would probably be called). It is true that the raw processing is done much nicer in C1 than Lr..
+ one for C1timelapse