LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: The best Graduated ND Filters?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

I would like to buy some ND Graduated filters (square one with the ring and holder). I am trying to find good filters that keep the sharpness and the quality of my 6D, I am afraid to spend a lot of money and to be disappointed. That is why I ask you what do you think are the best filters on the market right now? I have heard about Lee, Cokin or Zomei! Let me know!

Thank you
Singh Ray are probably some of the best filters out there. (but expensive !)
I have been replacing my filters with these and they are definitely the real thing.
I have some of the ND and Grad ND filters as well as the Warming and Blue/Gold polarizers.

http://www.singh-ray.com/
While looking up the web link I noticed they are having a 15% off sale until may 15.

John
Hi,

I have purchased and used just about every filter out there.  Most filters used for long exposure leave a color cast that is unnatural looking and difficult to remove in post.  The lee square filters will warp and melt into potato chip form if not managed carefully from the sun, because they are plastic they also scratch and will attract dust.   I have own/used Singh-Ray round, B&W and Lee 77mm round and they all really leave an ugly cast on the final work, I actually really hated using them and searched for a few years to find something I really like and could recommend.

So here is my recommended short list

Haida- 100mm square filters- avail thru amazon - you can see my write up here 

-http://fritzimages.com/blog/2015/haida-nd-filter-stops-the-lee-big-stopper/27488/-

The next recommendation is a SUPER quality filter from a kickstart company
Brass material, Schot glass,fantastic light transmission, Nano coatings, and NO Color cast.....lifetime guarantee 

mfg: 'Breakthrough' Solid Neutral Density Filters - available direct or B&H

These filters in my experiance are much better quality and performance than Lee, Singh-Ray, B&W  and cost less.  Like i said I own each of these mfg filters and now they have a home on my dead gear shelf gathering dust.

Finally, give Filters2go.com a look, they sell almost every filter under the sun and they have brick storefront in tax free, NH

Hope this helps

FritzImages