LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Why use qDslrDashboard ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody !

I'm a really newbie in timelapse art and i'm the owner of a D800 and a GH4, and LrTimelapse (incredibly great product !)

My dilemna is I'd like to use qDslrDashboard but because of the weight of the files of the D800, I think the option of the GH4 (in S mode) is more reasonable for my setup.

So my question is:
What is the first and unique reason to use qDslrDashboard against the simple S Mode ?

Sorry for my english...

Thank's in advance for your answer !

Laurent
qDDB does a full 3 way ramping: Shutter Speed, ISO and Aperture and ist a sophisticated tool for Auto Holy Grail that exactly lets you set the ranges in which those parameters will be ramped.
If you use the camera in A or P or S mode, you will not have any control about what the camera does, you will most likely get annoying flicker, situations where the brightness changes because of some interruptions and Parameters that go outside the boundaries, like Exposure times that get too long (in comparison to the interval).
Trust me: if it was possible to use a camera out of the box for such time lapse work, I would be the first to advocate for this way.

BTW: You could use the D800 in DX Mode, to get smaller images that are better suited for time lapse.
Thank's a lot Gunther for your complete answer !

I thought about the solution of using the DX format. The problem is the cropping factor (1,5x)...but I will use this way (and btw downgrading from 14 to 12 bits...).

BTW: do you know the same kind of workflow for the GH4 ?

Have a nice week-end and thank's again for your job !

Laurent
And use the lossy compression for RAW!

I have no experience with the GH4.
RAW lossy compression already checked ! [WHITE SMILING FACE]
Tx !

Envoyé de mon SM-N910F en utilisant Tapatalk