LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: HELP! How much is a timelapse worth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello people! I have received a request recently from a TV company. They might be interested in a handful of my timelapses. This is my first timelapse sale ever, and I have no idea how much to charge..! Can anyone help? Give me someguidelines?
Try to remember how much time you spent, multiply the amount with what ever you think is worth for a hour of your work ...
http://www.fotosearch.de is sellin timelapsvideos at HD-resolution for 200 Euro - just search for similar shops and you get an idea i hope.
Thanks for the link! I will have a look at it. I'm browsing through www.ClipCanvas.com too to get an idea of what is concidered a fair price.
(2012-05-16, 02:52)Lapsefinger Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the link! I will have a look at it. I'm browsing through www.ClipCanvas.com too to get an idea of what is concidered a fair price.

Hello,

I was wondering how everything went with your sale. I am in the same situation right now for a big German company, something on par with Skyhd and I have no idea what to ask for...this is what they are asking.

Term: 2 year license
Territory: Germany & Austria
Media: Pay TV, Broadcast, Web, Mobile Devices 

30 seconds of footage"

Is there any advice you can give me?

Thanks so much,

J
Well, I didn't sell anything, actually. It turned out they were just "browsing". Anyway, they never called, so I never got round to discussing a price with them.

However, I asked a norwegian image agency (Scanpix), and they charge roughly €525 per clip for TV (news and editorial) and €350 for web and educational use. For commercial use, the prices are a lot higher. I'm not sure how many times you can broadcast a clip at that price; they didn't specify. It might be just once... Smile I know Norway is a high cost country, but what they're asking of you is very extensive use indeed. Go high..! Big Grin