LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Danger in turning off Automatically write metadata changes into XMP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm new to using LRTimelapse and I followed the tutorial to create my first timelapse. In order to use the LRT I had to turn off "Automatically write changes into XMP" in Metadata catalog settings.

I used to have this turned off and now that I don't I'm concerned that edits to individual edits are not being save to sidecar files now automatically. 

Is this a setting that is meant to be turned off permanently or just when using LRT?

Many thanks,
Kim Tibbetts
You should turn it off permanently. Why would you want Lightroom to automatically write to sidecar files? It's a huge performance killer. Even for normal photos. Lightroom saves everything to its database anyway. Make sure to backup it.

If you really want the Sidecar files for your regular photos, after finishing editing, just hit "Ctrl-S (Cmd-S on the mac) and they get written all at once. This will only take time once then and not for every slider you drag while in develop module.