LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Problem with raw files importing incorrectly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hopefully there is a simple solution to my problem at hand.

Here is my workflow: (well as far as I can get)

Drag photos directly from SD card to their very own folder.

Upload into LRTimelapse 1.9 (also happens with 1.8)
Exiftool is installed as well

initialize metadata

as LRTimelapse creates the previews I can see the exposure levels for some frames are out of order and when i click on file, it is not the correct photo.

Here is grab to hopefully demonstrate what I am saying
[Image: 7199385438_025d38da92_b.jpg]

The weird part is the filenames are all listed right in LRTimelapse. But they definitely do not match up with the appropriate images. Outside of LRTimelapse everything is kosher. Very confused on what I can do to stop this or fix something I may be doing wrong?
In rare occasions LRTimelapse and Exiftool get out of sync when loading a sequence. In this case please stop the program, check in the task manager, that no instance of ExifTool is still running, end the task(s) if so.
No you can load the sequence again, after the first loading the problems will persist because LRT loads it's previews. Now hit Ctrl-F5 to refresh the previews in the folder, this causes ExifTool to refresh the previews. Tell me if it works now.
(2012-05-15, 08:09)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]In rare occasions LRTimelapse and Exiftool get out of sync when loading a sequence. In this case please stop the program, check in the task manager, that no instance of ExifTool is still running, end the task(s) if so.
No you can load the sequence again, after the first loading the problems will persist because LRT loads it's previews. Now hit Ctrl-F5 to refresh the previews in the folder, this causes ExifTool to refresh the previews. Tell me if it works now.

I currently am at work, so I will not be able to try this till I get home. But I did try numerous approaches with no luck, I did find out how to refresh the previews and it appeared to be working, but further down the preview line, it began mixing them up again. I will retry this when I get home and post a picture if the problem still occurs.
I probably should have mentioned I am running on a Mac, so there is no task manager. Any other way of ending it besides closing LRT? I also noticed that Ctrl+F5 does not do anything when pressed, I don't know if its just the way my keyboard is setup or what, but pressing CTRL and clicking reload at the same time seems to refresh the previews just the same.

Hi i just noticed a similar problem with a sequence that had some orphaned XMP files in the folder. Could you plz check that and delete them if so? I'm going to implement a check for this in the next version.
Hi There,

I'm having the same issue with LRTimelapse 1.9 on a mac (Lion). Did a day2night timelapse with about 5 exposure jumps. Each jump is off by 2 images. Instead of following LRTimelapse's previews, I looked up the jumps in the finder and made keyframes based on what I saw there, edited in Lightroom and exported, which resulted in weird exposure jumps.

I've done multiple reboots, removed xmp files and reloaded previews but still no luck.

Update: Actually, clicking refresh while holding CTRL does help. It is now rebuilding the previews (which takes very long compared to the first time) and the first exposure jumps are correct.
Quote:Update: Actually, clicking refresh while holding CTRL does help. It is now rebuilding the previews (which takes very long compared to the first time) and the first exposure jumps are correct.
I'm still not sure why this happens sometimes. When the previews once are incorrectly generated, you will have to rebuild them like you did with CTRL-Reload. Make sure to end LRTimelapse first, kill potentially orphaned Exif-Tool instances via Task-manager and relaunch LRTimelapse before hitting CTRL-F5 on the folder.