LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Animating a lens distortion?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all! Love this program Smile

I just tried to animate a lens distortion (lens corrections lightroom panel), starting at +75 and going down to about -27 over the course of about 1200 images. Is this not recommended? My final video file ended up with a staggered "zoom-in, zoom-out" rapid pulse type look. I'm guessing that lightroom doesn't allow for non-integer, fractional distortion assignment. Should I just bag the idea?
Hi, animating Lens distortion is indeed possible. But you have to take care to set all parameters for all images (check the table in LRTimelapse for gaps) since Lightroom tends to clear the settings on images without LC-Settings. The best would be to apply an initial LC-Setting to the first image, than sync this setting to all images, than change the last one. You could as well copy/paste missing values in LRTimelapse.
Very nice! I'll try that. Thanks so much Smile

Hmm. I just checked and everything looked as if it had metadata. The jumps in the final video are teeny. It's more like another type of flicker. I combined the animated lens distortion with an animated crop as well. Do you think that could cause a problem?
Animating the lens distortion is highly experimental - hey, Lightroom is not really intended to do that kind of stuff, is it? You will have to somewhat experiment. I would rather not combine it with crop animation...
Of course it's not *intended* to do that. Smile You and your amazing program pushes a boundary. I totally get that. You are doing an amazing job figuring out how to smooth little blips in this process. I'll try some other stuff, too. Thanks for having such an interest in this!