LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Lightning and deFlicker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
De-flicker seems to try to cancel out lighting flashes - which is of course understandable. How can I retain lightning flashes and still use de-flicker? The whole scene lights up and so using a select area doesnt work.
I might have found it - I went to the de-flicker column and manually changed the level to match the other readings. But to do this with every frame that has lightning will take a lot of time - but I'm guessing that is probably the only way.
Maybe you could set a reference are for the deflickering, that covers only an area where no lightning is visible (drag reference area with mouse into preview)
But in general, I'd rather avoid using deflicker for such sequences...
Yes I tried that but since the sky is cloudy everything in the scene appears to light up. I was wondering if one could exclude certain frames from the de-flicker sequence by tagging them somehow.
Hi Gunther,

Here's the result; this is the first qDslr controlled sequence I have shot. The flashes are the lightning and the pool lights; I kinda like the effect. I did use deflicker and de-slected (adjusted) the individual frames with lightning flashes.

https://youtu.be/ZiDTJGNC3z8 

Tech details: Homebuilt Motorized timelapse slider sequence shot with Nikon D-90 in raw, and autoramping controlled by qDslrDashboard from an iPad connected via wifi using a flashed TP link TL MR3040 Router. Processed with Lightroom CC and LRTimelapse 4.7.1, and final edits in  Cyberlink Powerdiector 12.

Thank you for all your help!

Steve
Looks okay to me - the lightning flashes are natural effects and shouldn't be removed.