LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Using two adapters to avoid lens aperture control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, 

I'm wondering which is the easiest and cheapest way of disabling the aperture pin of Nikon manual lens with aperture ring. 
I've tried removing phisically that pin/lever that joins the camera and the lens and controls the aperture but by doing this i can't use that lens for other shooting techniques than timelapse. I have one lens with that modification done and obviously it makes no flicker at all. 

The other way that came to my mind was to use a Nikon to Canon adapter and a Canon to Nikon adapter attached together so I can still use my Nikon lens and the aperture pin will be disabled. Have anyone tried this method?? Is it possible?

If anyone have other alternatives would be nice to hear them.

Greetings from Spain, 
Gerardo.
Two adapters won't work. What works best is using Nikon lenses on a Canon Body with the Novoflex adapter.
But why would you do that? Since LRTimelapse 4 and the new Visual deflicker I just don't care anymore about aperture flicker. I use my automatic Nikon lenses for time lapse shooting and even ramp the aperture with qDslrDashboard while shooting. After the visual deflicker I have perfectly smooth results.
My recommendation: leave your lens like it is! Don't worry about flicker. Just go out and shoot. Trust LRTimelapse :-)
Thanks for the answer Gunther, for the last month I've been having trouble with my pc and it's getting slower and slower to the point that rendering a timelapse is time consuming and frustrating. Just wanted to know if there was a cheap and easy way of getting almost no flicker without having to add another step to the timelapse postproduction.
Cheers Smile
You could shoot wide open... :-)