LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Couple of Bugs with 1.9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lots of good but a couple of issues.

1. I get LRTimeLapse keep jumping jumping from background to the foreground. It's more annoying than anything. If I minimize the window instead of clicking on the icon in task-bar it does not occur.

2. This one is more annoying. I've had to crop an image because better than larger images. I've done a consistent crop across all the images but it's dropping one corner at the end resulting in a slow tipping effect of the images. If I go back to Lightroom and re-crop it eliminates the problem but adding an extra step in workflow.

Thanks again for all you efforts and love the Botswana image on the title screen.
Stephen
(2012-05-18, 17:42)LapseOfTimeHK Wrote: [ -> ]1. I get LRTimeLapse keep jumping jumping from background to the foreground. It's If I minimize the window instead of clicking on the icon in task-bar it does not occur.
I never experienced that. It would be really helpful if you could be a little bit more precise. When does that occur? Windows? Mac? Interaction with other programs? What else is open? Does it happen after reboot, only LRTimelapse started? Etc.

Quote:I've had to crop an image because better than larger images. I've done a consistent crop across all the images but it's dropping one corner at the end resulting in a slow tipping effect of the images. If I go back to Lightroom and re-crop it eliminates the problem but adding an extra step in workflow.
Haw you made a transition? Are you sure the crop-values of the first and last image are exactly the same? You could select the checkmarks from the crop columns only and than copy the first value and paste to all other images to be sure.
I quite always work with cropped images without any animation and that does not occur when I do everything right.

Please try to narrow down the issues a little bit for me to be able to help you.
Thanks.
(2012-05-18, 18:08)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-18, 17:42)LapseOfTimeHK Wrote: [ -> ]1. I get LRTimeLapse keep jumping jumping from background to the foreground. It's If I minimize the window instead of clicking on the icon in task-bar it does not occur.
I never experienced that. It would be really helpful if you could be a little bit more precise. When does that occur? Windows? Mac? Interaction with other programs? What else is open? Does it happen after reboot, only LRTimelapse started? Etc.
Using Windows 7
Quote:I've had to crop an image because better than larger images. I've done a consistent crop across all the images but it's dropping one corner at the end resulting in a slow tipping effect of the images. If I go back to Lightroom and re-crop it eliminates the problem but adding an extra step in workflow.
Haw you made a transition? Are you sure the crop-values of the first and last image are exactly the same? Yes and doing that in Lightroom. Using Shift Ctrl C in Lightroom to ensure exact same value cross over You could select the checkmarks from the crop columns only and than copy the first value and paste to all other images to be sure. I removed the cropping tool by default in LRTL as I like the additional size to play with in AE
I quite always work with cropped images without any animation and that does not occur when I do everything right.

Please try to narrow down the issues a little bit for me to be able to help you.
Thanks.

I'd like to report another bug:
LRTimelapse simply doesn't save the XMP data.
I initialized, set the keyframes (because it's so much easier to spot with the insanely fast slider in LRTimelapse) and then wanted to save.
But the program just doesn't do anything.

I tried selecting all, in the hopes that only the selection would be saved.
When you change something in LRT (i.e. setting a key-frame) the imagenumber gets a red background. When saving it turns dark again. That's how you see that the changes are saved.
After saving you will have to go to Lightroom, "G" (Grid Mode), Ctrl-A (Select all) and Metadata->Read Metadata from files. Now the Key-framed images should have a 1-star rating.
Well, considering that saving Metadata to 1100 JPEG files used to take more than 5 minutes, I don't think v1.9 can suddenly do it in 0.1 seconds ^^

Also, Lightroom always complains if the metadata has changed (the symbol in the top right corner). And it doesn't.

LRTimelapse used to show a progress bar when saving.

Now, it's like the button isn't even connected to a method.
Again, LRTimelapse only saves metadata for changed files. If you only set 3 keyframes it doesn't matter if you have a sequence of thousands of images, it only takes milliseconds.

If it turns out that LRTimelapse is really not saving (the red indicator stays red after saving) than please check the logfile in the info menu and send it to me (support(at)lrtimelapse(dot)com).
Tried again with a completely different batch: LRT actually saved this time, but closed itself immediately after (no sign of a crash, just as if I hit close).
Not reproducible though.
I'll check again this evening.

I was pretty sure though that LRT would save to every file after initializing. Or did that change?
After initializing all files have the red indicator, so all of them would have to be saved.
Pages: 1 2