LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Lens fails to stop down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,
I've got a little problem with shooting timelapses: I use a Sony a7s with adapted Canon lenses (17-40mm f4L, 70-200mm f4L). When I'm doing a timelapse sequence (using an external Intervalometer) sometimes a few photos in the sequence are too bright and appear to be shot at f4, although I set the camera to use a smaller aperture. The EXIF data still says that the photo was taken at the correct aperture but apparently the lens didn't stop down properly for that photo. Does anybody know what I can do against that? Does that have something to do with the adapted lenses? I tried two different adaptors (from Commlite) and I get the problem with both.
Sounds like it might be a Problem with the adapter... I had lots of issues with those adapters too when I tested them. I've heard that in the mean time there are firmware updates out that might fix some of those, maybe you'd try to update the adapters firmware.

Sent mobile with Tapatalk.
I've tried out four adaptors: Two from Fotodiox and two from Commlite. The Fotodiox adaptors didn't work at all and I have the problem with two different copies of the Commlite adaptor. I can't update the firmware of the Commlite (it doesn't have any ports). If you shoot with Sony cameras, are there any other adaptors you could recommend?
I heard that you can update the commlite firmware via the camera. Just Google for it.

Thanks for your help! Apparently the download button on the Commlite website is broken (or there's only a new version for the Nikon adaptor). I guess I have to try out another adaptor from another brand.
Maybe could contact the commlite support.

Yeah I've already done that but apparently there's no firmware update available for the Canon version of the adaptor.