LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Getting connected with the 6D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm pretty new to timelapse photography but I have seen the tutorials and did some research here. I have a Canon 6D (with wifi) and recently got the qdslrdashboard (V3.5.2) app for my iphone 6. I have not been able to get connected. Has the app been updated to include iOS or do I need an Android tablet? What is the best way to get connected to wirelessly control my camera settings for the "Holy Grail" as shown in the LRTimelapse tutorial? Thank you in advance.
iOS works fine. Just make sure to establish the Wi-Fi connection first, independently from qddb. Make the Canon camera app work. Connecting the 6D unfortunately is quite complicated, blame Canon. If that works, qDDB should work too.

sent mobile via tapatalk...
Thank you for your response. The Camera Connect app did not work at all. I briefly had success with EOS Remote app, I was able to connect with the wifi but unfortunately it disconnects within a few seconds. Once I was able to launch qddb but none of the options were active. As per your instructions on "How to use qddb and auto holy grail", there was no "LRT" on my version 3.5.2. But I quickly got disconnected regardless. Very frustrating. Is there a more reliable way to wirelessly control camera settings on the 6D?
With my 6D I was able to work reliably with the internal Wi-Fi and qDslrDashboard. But you should get the EOS remote app working stable first. If even that's not working, there is no point in trying qddb. That's a Canon issue then that has to be solved!

sent mobile via tapatalk...
I recently have been using my 6d with qddb I was getting disconnected until I switched off "auto shutdown" in the camera settings. Not sure if might help or not.