LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Hardware recommendations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[size=medium][font=Calibri]As much as I love LRT it has identified that I really need a new PC as the process can take over my current one for days.[/font][/size][size=medium][font=Calibri]  [/font][/size][size=medium][font=Calibri]I’m not super technical and curious on everyone’s recommendations for a powerful machine that can crank out time-lapse with ease.[/font][/size][size=medium][font=Calibri]  [/font][/size][size=medium][font=Calibri]Could folks give options on what to look for regarding [/font][/size]
[size=medium][font=Calibri] [/font][/size]
  • [size=medium][font=Calibri]CPU[/font][/size]
  • [size=medium][font=Calibri]Motherboard[/font][/size]
  • [size=medium][font=Calibri]Memory [/font][/size]
  • [size=medium][font=Calibri]Video card[/font][/size]
  • [size=medium][font=Calibri]SSD Drive[/font][/size]
[size=medium][font=Calibri]Much appreciations for recommendations [/font][/size]
[size=medium][font=Calibri]Many thanks[/font][/size]
I'd make sure to get a machine with enough memory (16GB) one or better 2 SSD drives - one for startup and one for the time lapse work folder. A fast CPU with good multi core performance is good too.
The graphics card is not so important, unless you are going for a 4K monitor (in my opinion not really necessary).

The bottleneck in the workflow is definitely Lightroom. But unfortunately there is only so much you can do to speed that up...