LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: ACR/LRtimelapse metadata problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have strange (I guess beginner) problem. I usually take jpg photos for timelapse, and work with combination LRTimelapse/Bridge/ACR. I look at the workflow that is described on this page but my problem is still here;

I open the images in LRT (1.9), I initialize metadata, and select the keyframes (it doesn't happen automatically!?). After that I open images in Bridge, open the first image in ACR, I do the processing and save the preset so I can drop it to the last image. After that I click "Done" and go to the LRT, click on reload button and I set the keyframes. After that I click save. And here is the problem. When I come back to the Bridge I can see that Bridge starts loading the new metadata and I can see changes in preview panel, but when I open any image in some other image program like preview.app, or if I import the image sequence in After Effects I can't see any changes. I still have an intact image (sequence).

I hope that I do some stupid and easy to understand mistake. Please, I have already spent too much time to solve that problem. Help me! Smile
Hi,

(2012-05-29, 10:44)gogh Wrote: [ -> ]I open the images in LRT (1.9), I initialize metadata, and select the keyframes (it doesn't happen automatically!?).
No, LRTimelapse cannot know where you want to set them, can it?

Quote:After that I open images in Bridge, open the first image in ACR, I do the processing and save the preset so I can drop it to the last image.
At this step you should mark the processed image with a "1-star"-Rating, to mark it as keyframe,

Quote:After that I click "Done" and go to the LRT, click on reload button and I set the keyframes.
setting key frames here isn't necessary, you better do in bridge.

Quote:After that I click save. And here is the problem.
You must definitely make one of the transitions to "fill" the images between the key frames! I fear, this is your mistake. So after reloading in LRTimelapse hit "Auto (keyframes)" to make the transition. After that you can save and check the changes in bridge / aftereffects!

I hope this will bring you on track again!

All the best
Gunther

Quote: No, LRTimelapse cannot know where you want to set them, can it?

Hm, obviously I didn't catch the video tutorial correctly. I thought that LRT was marked the first and the last image with one star after the initializing the metadata. However, I did it manualy as You said, so that wasn't a problem. Thanks.

Quote:setting key frames here isn't necessary, you better do in bridge.

I meant to say that I was select "AUTO (keyframes)" in that step, just like You did in video tutorial. Sorry Smile

Quote:You must definitely make one of the transitions to "fill" the images between the key frames! I fear, this is your mistake. So after reloading in LRTimelapse hit "Auto (keyframes)" to make the transition. After that you can save and check the changes in bridge / aftereffects!

So, in that step I have successfully made the transitions, and I can see it in Bridge. But, I cannot see the transitions outside the Bridge. In other words; thumbnails in Bridge are correct (with transitions that I have made) but when I import those images in AE, or if I want to see them in some other app, transitions disappear. Is it possible that the problem is my ACR version 5.7, and Bridge CS4? Maybe it works only in the newest version of Bridge/ACR? Or, do I have to make some image export in Bridge!? I didn't do anything after that.

However, today I instaled Lightroom 4, and I bought Your PRO video templates. Now, it works and I am satisfied. But, if you can refer to my previous paragraf, I would be very grateful.

Gunter, You are very kind. Thank You!

P.S. I will post my work when I finished it. Smile

gogh
Hi, you should definitely check that the Version of ACR and Lightroom / AfterEffects mach. You can user LR4 / or the Newest Version of ACR together with AfterEffects, but you will have to update Aftereffects CS5.5 with the latest Upgrades otherwise you will get the effect you wrote about!