LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Folders, importing and whatnot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

First post newbie here! Be kind Smile

Hey, I've been doing quite a few long term mining time lapse jobs and have been importing the photos into folder in Lightroom the same way as I do with my regular photos in a year/month/date format. So, I have one parent directory containing all my photos, personal, wedding, time lapse, commercial etc. All in year/month/date format. Yes, the time lapse jobs are in separate catalogs but the raw photos are all together.

Up until I discovered LRTimelapse I have been exporting photos in the resolution required (1920x1080 or 1280x720 generally) and making my time lapse videos using Quicktime. Yes, flickery and boring I know!

I'm pretty stumped now with how to pull out a section of time lapse photos to make a time lapse sequence. There are 365 day subfolders contained under 12 month subfolders which is then under one year subfolder. And those day subfolders contain lots of different types of images shot on that day.

My question is, what is the best way for me to grab a selection of images in a Lightroom catalog and put them in one subfolder that LRTimelapse can see. I've tried 'export as catalog' and it maintains the year/month/date folder structure. Am I right in thinking that the only way to do it is to export the photos as "original" files and then import them into a new catalog with all the original images placed in one folder?

Thanks in advance!!