LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: When dragging to LR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When dragging my sequence to LR it will only let me copy the files not add.  What may be the problem? I used lrt to import the photos..
If the photos are already present in the Lightroom catalog you have too options:
1) remove them from the lightroom catalog, then do the drag and drop from LRTimelapse (recommended)
2) Don't drag and drop, instead in Lightroom set the filter to "Full Sequence", select all images of that folder and then "Metadata/Read Metadata from files.

I'd recommend the first option. It's easier, faster and more secure.
In the future I'd recommend to consider using the LRTimelapse importer instead of Lightroom to import from the SD Card. It's faster, saves the time of generating previews later and has some special features especially for time lapse photographers.

There's an faq for this too: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-my-...e-workflow
Hey G -

I'm having a similar issue in LR.

I've cleared out the LR catalog, restarted, yet, when I drag the "Drag to Lightroom" button over to LightRoom CC, the Library starts out showing "Add", yet as soon as it populates with images, it switches to "Copy" and at that moment "Add" and "Move" are no longer clickable.

I've deleted the catalog and all of its references (Lightroom->Catalog Settings->'General"->Show) at least 5 times and still the same scenario.

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing incorrectly or maybe something I need checked within LR? I've been a web developer for over 20 years, know my way around a PC and Mac pretty well... but I'm semi-new to LR: and extremely new to LRT. Smile

Thanks to all  the support you show by example. Means a lot.

Also- love your product, bought the Pro version (isn't there supposed to be an e-book included with the purchase, too?)
Hi Chad, this is purely a Lightroom thing. "Add" to the Lightroom catalog will only work, if the files ar not on a removeable SD Card or similar. Then LR will always insist on copying. For the LRTimelapse workflow it's crucial that you have the images on a harddrive before starting the workflow. You can for example use the LRTimelapse importer to import from the SD Card.

Regarding the EBook: you should have received an email with the invoice and a download link. If not, please let me know via email to support(at)lrtimelapse(dot)com
That was it! Once I moved my folder of images onto my HD everything worked!

Thanks!

Also, the link for the e-book DID come though... I just didn't recognize it.

Thanks again!