LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Timelapse in front of the sun- camera setting/HDR editing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guy's
I'm planning a time lapse in a deserted building, the goal is to place the camera in front of the window and camera will move on a slider out of the window.
The question is technically how do I set the setting on the camera, at the time that the camera is in the shade I will set it to open aperture / low shutter speed but when the camera will move from the room out I'll see the sun that means the I'll have to change the camera setting dramatically and the wall/window will be a silhouette. 
If i want to keep a good exposure of the window and the view with the sun, i'll have to shoot HDR am i right?  can I make HDR sequence and edit it with LRtimlapse?
After all, when I shoot in front of the sun (in close aperture), all the surrounding is a silhouette.
Any ideas? Time-lapse movies including sun in the frame for inspiration will be welcomed.
Best regards,
Moti
Hi Moti, if you have a camera with a huge dynamik range like the Nikon D750, D5 or the new 5dMk4 I'd avoid the hassle of doing HDR. You can search the forum for some threads about HDR shooting. I'm not a big fan in combination with Timelapse, mostly it's not necessary.
Instead I'd try to keep track of the exposure when the sun comes in and then gradually adjust camera settings. You can do that automatically with the Auto-Holy-Grail feature in qDslrDashboard for example. Smoothing this later is LRTimelapse's job.
That's how I'd approach that challenge.