LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Focus ramping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am moderately experienced with time-lapse, looking to add focus ramping to my sequences. I have NO clue where to start. Any reference material or advice is appreciated.
You need a lens motor (or a camera that supports lens ramping, like Canon DSLRs with MagicLantern).
If you want to use a lens motor, you will need a keyframeable controller. Since Focus is not linear, simple A-B moves usually won't work with focus (depending on your subject).
I would recommend that you have a look at the eMotimo Spectrum & Lens motor. They have some examples how to use it on their website.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
(2017-02-26, 21:20)Jamesparsons74 Wrote: [ -> ]I am moderately experienced with time-lapse, looking to add focus ramping to my sequences. I have NO clue where to start. Any reference material or advice is appreciated.

Or you can use an external stepper motor that you can control with arduino and a belt. :Smile
I made something similar trying to get stacking focus macro images, but it could be useful for your idea Smile

Javi
If you use Canon or Nikon, scroll down to the 2nd video...
http://www.timelapseplus.com/view/

Regards,

Alain