LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: New user - Is LRTimelapse destructive?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new here and also new to timelapse photography, although not so new to digital stills.

I have made one timelapse the other day, before discovering this site.

I think its not too bad, but could be a bit more stable, however it was great fun to do, your comments would be most welcome.

Click Here

I have really enjoyed reading about LRTimelapse.

My one burning question is, is LRTimelaspe destructive?

What I mean is, are my RAW files permanently altered if I process them in LRTimelapse? I have shot in RAW because of the way RAW id like having a negative, which I can always reset if I don’t like the way things have turned out

Hi, LRTimelapse won't do any harm to your RAW or DNG files. It only works with the associated XMP-Sidecar files. If you work with JPG it will embed the XMP into the JPG files (but not touch the image data). That's how Adobe intended it to be.

You first timelapse looks indeed promising, although it still flickers a bit. Have you already tried to deflicker it with LRTimelapse? If you do so, make sure to set the reference area to the upper "sky"-part. You will filnd an instruction how to deflicker here: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-how-...red-curves

All the best
Gunther
(2012-06-07, 00:41)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, LRTimelapse won't do any harm to your RAW or DNG files. It only works with the associated XMP-Sidecar files. If you work with JPG it will embed the XMP into the JPG files (but not touch the image data). That's how Adobe intended it to be.

You first timelapse looks indeed promising, although it still flickers a bit. Have you already tried to deflicker it with LRTimelapse? If you do so, make sure to set the reference area to the upper "sky"-part. You will filnd an instruction how to deflicker here: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-how-...red-curves

All the best
Gunther

Hi Gunther

Thanks you for your response, I was aware of the flicker, but have not used LRTimelapse as yet. I just wanted to be sure that I was not about to embark on something that would permanently change my RAW images.

I read quite slowly, so am just working my way through your workflows.

Thanks again

If you want a real "slow" step-by-step explanation I would definitely recommend my Ebook, that's the most comprehensive guide with all information in one place. Including tips to "do it right" whilst shooting.