LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Question about the LRTimelapse module within QDslrdashboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Gunther (and whomever else could help me),

I just started getting into Qdslrdashboard with my Nikon D750.  So far I've really enjoyed working with it and now I'm attempting all sorts of new things - so thank you for the recommendation to use this for holy grail!

Question 1: Is there a way to prioritize which aspect will increase/decrease first, second, third?
Question 2: Is there a way to ramp the interval timer?

What I'm really looking into is this:  I start a sunset holy grail timelapse and want to get a lot of good cloud movement, so I need an interval of maybe 2s.  I want the timelapse to go all the way through to several hours into the night to get the Milky Way.  At that point I don't need a short interval and can go all the way up to say 30s (since I'll need a 10s - 25s shutter speed).  It seems like what I'd need to do is have some sort of macro that says E.G. - when shutter speed gets to 1.5s, ramp interval to 3s, when shutter speed gets to 2.5s, ramp interval to 4s.

^ That above example could obviously be a lot more specific and I'm not sure off the top of my head when which feature should be increased/decreased - but I could see something like this being really useful to me.  I also read the setup guide that you wrote where you indicated that I should be using an intervalometer rather than the one built into QDslrdashboard.  If that is the case then I'm not sure how what I want to do is possible.
Interval ramping is possible with the internal timer of qDDB. But I always find that timer to be not too accurate. A better option would be the use the Open Source Timer LRTimelapse Pro Timer Free for interval ramping.
https://lrtimelapse.com/lrtimelapse-pro-timer-free/

Another priorization of the parameters normally is not necessary, since the Auto Holy Grail does is the best way possible (focussing on long exposure times). But of course you can change the Max and Min values while doing the Auto Holy Grail. So you could start with a longest exposure of 1Sec and then as you increase the interval, you can set the longest exposure higher. Currently this will not happen automatically, but you can do it manually at any time.
I've had similar issues with trying to use the QDDB intervalometer. I figured it might have just been some issue with how I was writing to my cards or something. 5 or 6 consecutive intervals and then a long pause and then 4 quick shots...very inconsistent.

The DIY project looks like it can do quite a bit. I'm not really all that confident in my ability to build that if I'm being honest - not my strong suit. I don't suppose anyone sells them for a few bucks more?
Currently it's not for sale. But maybe you know someone with some soldering skills that you can ask. It's not really difficult.