LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: RAW and RAW 3:1 with LRTimelapse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[size=small][font=sans-serif]Hello![/font][/size]

[size=small][font=sans-serif]I’ve read a few topics and read several posts on how to work with Cinema DNG in LRTimelapse but the workflow still confuses me somewhat.[/font][/size]
[size=small][font=sans-serif] [/font][/size]
[size=small][font=sans-serif]I[/font][/size][size=small][font=sans-serif] use the Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera and I’ve noticed two things in particular:[/font][/size]
[size=small][font=sans-serif] [/font][/size][size=small][font=Calibri, sans-serif]1.[/font][/size][size=x-small][font=Calibri, sans-serif][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/font][/size][size=small][font=Calibri, sans-serif]When I shoot RAW at 24fps LRTimelapse generates a preview but it plays “speeded up” in the preview window (once fully processed and rendered the final video file plays at the normal, 24fps speed). Why would that be? No major issue, but it’s a curiosity.[/font][/size]
[font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=medium]2.[/size][/font] [size=small][font=Calibri, sans-serif]To shoot at 60fps, the BMMCC shoot in RAW 3:1 and LRTimelapse doesn’t allow a preview of these files (is there a work-around to this?), and why won’t it show a preview? I’m not sure how best to work with these files (suggestions would be very helpful).[/font][/size]
[size=small][font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font][/size]
[size=small][font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thank you,[/font][/size]
[size=small][font=Calibri, sans-serif]Al[/font][/size]
LRTimelapse plays the previews with the frame rate that has been set in the LRTimelapse settings. That's just a rough preview. You can change that fps in the settings.

I'm not sure if those RAW files are supported by Adobes RAW Converter. In any case make sure to have the latest LRTimelapse and the latest Adobe DNG Converter installed (link on https://lrtimelapse.com/install/ ) - then try again. If it still doesn't work with those files please send me one of those files via https://fromsmash.com/
Thanks for the advice! I will give that a go this evening and if it doesn't work I will send you a file (will one, individual RAW 3:1 file do?)
Yes

sent mobile via tapatalk...
Hi Gunther, I need an email address to send the 3:1 RAW file to you, via Smash.

P.S - I tried running the files through DNG Converter and it wouldn't convert them.
If they are not supported by Adobe I fear there is not too much that I could do... Can you work with those files in Lightroom?
My email is Support(at)LRTimelapse(dot) com

sent mobile via tapatalk...
I just tried...it appears not. So it looks like I'll be able to edit the 'normal' 24fps RAW files in LRTimelapse ok, but the 3:1 RAW files will have to be edited in DaVinci. Thank you for your help.
If Lightroom does not support the images, I fear, you cannot use them for the LRTimelapse workflow, I'm sorry.