LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Crop Preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When using timelapse photography with actions (like people working), being able to impose different crops is extremely useful.
That way you can achieve camera movements even though it was on a tripod. Well, technically, the movements are of course incorrect, but it doesn't look too bad.

The biggest problems are the transitions because you don't have a real preview as to what it looks like over time.
The crop window grid preview is quite helpful, but to get a good idea, only the final video can show it.

So, therefore I have a feature request: Add an option that crops (with angle) the preview image and displays that instead.

I would say that this is quite simple to implement because the drawing functions easily support transformations. And I suppose you have even already created a transformation matrix for the crop grid preview whose inverse could be used.
In the simplest possible case, it would required two lines of code to change the current drawing transformation matrix just before and just after you draw the image and the deflicker grid. The option to enable the preview could be placed right next to the stop button.

Might there be a need for such a feature?
vote!
another vote Smile