LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: ability to queue sequences for processing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gunther,
recently I returned from a trip and had over 20 sequences to process. 
Once edited, I had to render each sequence twice. 
One version in 1080p and another in 8k.
I had to sit at the computer and watch and wait for each sequence to finish processing before I could begin the next one. 
Perhaps you could add a feature which allows me to queue up all the sequences I want to render and leave them running overnight (or whenever). 
If it takes 8 hours to do all this reprocessing I could do it while I sleep and be way more productive in the day.

cheers
Malcolm
There is already an easy and fast way to do this.
Set the render settings in LRTimelapse to 1080p, close the dialog with "Set settings as default".
Now trigger the exports from Lightroom, tick "Use last render settings", this will skip the render dialog in LRT and render right away after the export finished. You can start a few exports in parallel.
Once all 1080p files have been rendered, open the render dialog in LRTimelapse, set the settings to 8k, then click on "Choose" and select all intermediary sequences (use ctrl or shift to multiselect). Now LRTimelapse will render all of those in batch with the 8K settings.
excellent solution. but I still see value in a queue function Smile Question, when selecting multiple sequences, are they rendered themselves sequentially, or simultaneously? The reason I ask is I'm trying to understand if the progress bar is just for one file, or both if I am doing two. I do see a (+1) indicator so I'm assuming the progress bar is still per file, and will await your confirmation. cheers
I don't see what you mean with queue function? What LRTimelapse currently does is a queue! The progress bar is per file, the "+x" means there are x tasks pending in the queue.
if I want to render all my sequences in 1080p this is fine. But if I want to run them in 1080p, 4k and 8k then I have to attend the computer three times to run each job. When you have 20 sequences with 2000 frames in each there is a lot of time invested in wiating for processes to complete so you can begin the next one. For example, if I rendered all my sequences at 30fps only to discover that they should have been done at 24fps. Or I discovered banding and I decided to increase the quality of all the rendered sequences. Starting over, if I could have requested the 1080p, 4k and 8k sequences to be generated consecutively, instead of having to come back to the computer to initate the 4k one, then again for the 8k one...that is queing IMHO. Thia is not to argue, just to point out a possibility. If this function existed, then I could literally set it and forget it. As it stands now, I am guessing when the first job is completed. It will take hours. I come back, check the job status. I guess another 30 minutes. Come back and maybe it already completed. The next job could have already started if it was automated. But I am already further ahead with the process that you pointed out to me. So at this point I do not want to be greedy. I am now just explaining what I meant because you asked Smile
I already thought about the option of adding a "preview" render to a render job this would allow to select the final resolution and have LRT doing a preview in 720p or 1080p additionally.

The queuing is already there. You can add render jobs at any time and they will get queued.
how does it work? I tried it and got no feedback from the program that my job was queued or anything so I assumed it wasnt a feature...Can the queue not be displayed so you know that there is one?
========================================================================================
ok I see what happens...adding jobs to the queue the number in brackets is modified.

Forgive me but this was not obvious! Sad

Is there a way to review what is in your queue?
Exactly, the number in brackets reflects the number of jobs in the queue. Currently there is no way to view the queue, you can only delete jobs from the beginning of the queue by clicking the X button.
Update: In LRT6 you will see all queued tasks below the folder chooser and you also can add render tasks to the queue without closing the render dialog just by holding shift when clicking on "Render".