LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: MoCo Comparison Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All.

I'm going to ask what is probably a "Holy War" question, so please forgive me:  Which MoCo system do you recommend, primarily for timelapse use?

Context:
I'm very interested in a MoCo 3+ Axis system for Timelapse and some light "realtime" VFX work, mostly running a DSLR (Sony A7S in my case), but with the ability to handle up to 15 lbs of movie camera with lens at a reasonable pace.  I'm basically comparing the Emotimo Spectrum, the DP system and Kessler Second Shooter.  I've seen very little on the forums about Kessler.  I DO have a background in "heavy iron" VFX MoCo (you know... car shoots, heavy VFX, live action "twin" shoots, spaceships, etc.), so my expectations are high.  Good solid rig, follow focus control, good repeatablity, "shutter sync" would be great.  Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Stop-Go-Stop, so having the ability to "crawl" continuously and slowly is a big plus to me. Advanced keyframe control and editing is also a plus.  I know that the people here think well of both the Emotimo and the DP rigs.  I'll value your input, both on these and any others I should be considering.
Have never used Kessler, but know the Spectrum inside out. It's all you will ever need, especially with the upcoming firmwares that will allow keyframe animation via 3rd party software. Shutter sync is not available, but I am not aware of any of the low cost rigs that offer it, except BFG Motions Mantis controller. SMS triggering is no problem though.
If 4 axes are good for you, get the Spectrum. It's a nice clean rig and Brian and Logan are very responsive to customer input and do a good job...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro