LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Lightroom templates and crop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a couple of questions regarding your templates. Is there a way to save it as a MOV file instead of a MP4 in Lightroom? If I do purchase your templates, would I get that option for HD 4K?

And then regarding the crop factor...I realized that after using LRTimelapse and reading the metadata in Lightroom the "custom" crop if exported as JPG's (to work with them on Quicktime) 1920x1080 only gets to be 1905x1080 - so the way to fix it is by re-cropping it...Am I doing something wrong?

The booklet really helped, and the app is great! Thanks!!
Hi,
(2012-06-20, 02:29)sevenclouds Wrote: [ -> ]I have a couple of questions regarding your templates. Is there a way to save it as a MOV file instead of a MP4 in Lightroom? If I do purchase your templates, would I get that option for HD 4K?
Currently Lightroom only supports exporting in H.264/MP4. So the PRO Templates export in this format as well but with much highter bitrates and resolutions.

Quote:And then regarding the crop factor...I realized that after using LRTimelapse and reading the metadata in Lightroom the "custom" crop if exported as JPG's (to work with them on Quicktime) 1920x1080 only gets to be 1905x1080 - so the way to fix it is by re-cropping it...Am I doing something wrong?
This is odd, I never experienced that - but I mostly export in higher resolution to have some "room" in post processing.

I'm going to have a look if I can reproduce it. What you could do is turn off the default cropping in the LRTimelapse settings and place your crop in Lightroom and than sync it to all images. Another approach would be to set the export size in the Lightroom Export dialog accordingly.

Quote:The booklet really helped, and the app is great! Thanks!!
Thank you!
All the best
Gunther

(2012-06-20, 02:29)sevenclouds Wrote: [ -> ]And then regarding the crop factor...I realized that after using LRTimelapse and reading the metadata in Lightroom the "custom" crop if exported as JPG's (to work with them on Quicktime) 1920x1080 only gets to be 1905x1080 - so the way to fix it is by re-cropping it...Am I doing something wrong?
Quote:This is odd, I never experienced that - but I mostly export in higher resolution to have some "room" in post processing.

I'm going to have a look if I can reproduce it. What you could do is turn off the default cropping in the LRTimelapse settings and place your crop in Lightroom and than sync it to all images. Another approach would be to set the export size in the Lightroom Export dialog accordingly.
My problem only arises when trying to export a set of files as JPG and telling the Lightroom Export dialog to resize them to 1920x1080...I noticed that if I change your default crop to a 16x9 then it does slightly change...and then yes, it works. I find it rather weird, but I wonder if something might be off there...let me know if I can be of any help! Thanks again!

I also forgot to ask you, how come every time I export a time-lapse from lightroom with your templates the first keyframe is black? Is there a way to change that? I just purchased the PRO also thinking it could change it...Any recommendations besides after crop?
It might be a rounding error when calculating the crop. I'll have to look into it.

(2012-06-20, 12:13)sevenclouds Wrote: [ -> ]I also forgot to ask you, how come every time I export a time-lapse from lightroom with your templates the first keyframe is black? Is there a way to change that? I just purchased the PRO also thinking it could change it...Any recommendations besides after crop?
We already had this in another thread: Lightroom does this, I don't know why - and unfortunately it's out of my scope. Even when you export an normal "Slideshow" from Lightroom you get that black frame at the beginning. When you crossfade between sequences in post it doesn't matter. Otherwise you have to trim the sequence a bit in the video editor. Hopefully Adobe will fix this in one of the upcoming releases.
(2012-06-20, 10:24)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
[quote='sevenclouds' pid='3806' dateline='1340148584']
Is there a way to save it as a MOV file instead of a MP4 in Lightroom?

Is there a good way to convert the MP4 H264 file into a .mov for edit in Final Cut Pro 7? I tried using Apple Compressor but the MP4 file won't open.