LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Intervalometer for Olympus that doesn't lock out ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, 
first ever post here.  
I am looking for an intervalometer for an olympus on-d em10 that allows triggering of the camera but doesn't lock out camera adjustments when shooting day to night type transitions.  The camera built-in intervalometer unfortunately seems to lock settings so that when in TL mode no manual exposure controls work.  Eventually I would like to add motion control too so any advice there would be good....  Many thanks guys,
Did you try any 3rd party intervalometer like the pixel timer? If that works (I don't know Olympus) you could even go for the LRTimelapse Pro Timer Free.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
Hi
The pixel timer works perfectly fine on my Olympus OM-D E-M1 and I assume this should be the same on the E-M10.
I can test the LRTimelapse Pro Timer Free later on.
Best regards

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Just tried the LRTimelapse Pro Timer Free on my OM-D E-M1. Works also perfectly fine and does not block the camera.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Thanks Monika!
Many thanks Gunter and Monika. I live in Zambia so it is quite difficult to get something like an external intervalometer. Thanks to this forum though I found the wifi app 'camera control' and it seems to allow adjustment control over wifi - time to experiment! Thanks again.
So why don't you use qDslrDashboard then? It brings all you need for automatic holy grail ramping... https://lrtimelapse.com/gear/dslrdashboard/
(2017-08-05, 18:03)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]So why don't you use qDslrDashboard then? It brings all you need for automatic holy grail ramping... https://lrtimelapse.com/gear/dslrdashboard/

Hi Gunther

You mention using qDslrdashboard for the Olympus camera.  I thought it could only be used with Nikon, Canon and Sony.  Be interested on the settings.

Many thanks

Graham

Ps have just come back to timelapse. Thanks for all your support with the program and guidance.
Sorry, didn't realize that you are working with Olympus. You are right, qDDB won't work there.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
(2017-08-04, 09:57)Gilmour Dickson Wrote: [ -> ]I am looking for an intervalometer for an olympus on-d em10 that allows triggering of the camera but doesn't lock out camera adjustments when shooting day to night type transitions.  The camera built-in intervalometer unfortunately seems to lock settings so that when in TL mode no manual exposure controls work.

I actually just ran into this issue with my Olympus E-P5 using a standard link cable.  One brand of motion controller causes the Olympus to lock up the controls while another brand that I own does not. Both use the exact same cable.  I'm in contact with the company to sort out if the issue can be resolved.