LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Physical GND Filter Possibility for Holy-Grail City Scape
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I have a piece of work coming up involving a night-day time-lapse, (04:00 - 09:00) of a specific section of London sky-line which will brighten significantly over the course of the morning. 

I would shoot the time-lapse on a 5D Mark III with qDSLR dashboard and using LRTimelapse etc... 

I was thinking of using a soft transition / 9 stop LEE filter, (slideable)- I know I can click it on within 3 seconds without moving the camera. 

However, my concern lies with there being a sudden noticeable change in lighting. Will qDSLR be able to account for the change to any extent and if not is there any chance I could manage to achieve a seamless transition using Adobe software/LRTimelapse in post-pro?

Any suggestions would be much aprreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Cameron
Hi Cameron, short answer: I'd not recommend to add/remove filters while shooting. You'll get a noticeable change in brightness, the first frames after removal might be over exposed. You'll get nasty color differences also that are difficult to equalize.
Especially for an important shooting I'd go for a regular three way ramping (exposure, iso, aperture). Try to master that and you'll get perfect results.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
Hi Gwegner,
Thanks so much for your response: I'll forget about using the GND then.
However, I am probably just being an idiot here; but I thought it was only possible to do the 3 way ramping method on a nikon not a canon 5d mark iii?
Best wishes,
Cameron
No, it works with any camera that can be controlled by qDslrDashboard.
Just go to the settings on the LRT screen then turn on “aperture ramping“.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...