LRTimelapse Forum
Spot healing after in lightroom- - Printable Version

+- LRTimelapse Forum (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Forum-archive)
+--- Forum: LRT5 - General Questions (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Forum-lrt5-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Spot healing after in lightroom- (/Thread-spot-healing-after-in-lightroom)

Spot healing after in lightroom- - Ballert - 2019-08-01

Hello all!

I imported about 2300 photos into lightroom after a few hours in stormy farm areas- I had an INCREDIBLE amount of sensor dust as I had to change lenses. I use a sony a7iii so dust on mirrors seems to happen easier for me.

I cleaned up an image and synced it to all photos, did another image repeated this process for every segment or transitions of angle/camera setting change etc.

now some photos are not usable in the time lapse (where i took a separate still shot (only have one camera))

Now my real question is should i export all the files after they have been cleaned-to a new folder and then use those to start the timelapse workflow thru LRT5?

if so what should i export them as (tiff dng jpeg etc)

I have a windows computer and cannot see raw images so i cannot even take the useless photos out of the current folder- sighs.

Thank you for your time and patience!

RE: Spot healing after in lightroom- - Gunther - 2019-08-01

Normally I recommend doing the LRTimelapse / Lightroom edits first, then export via LRTExport and do the cloning/healing on the exported JPG/TIFF sequence, for example in after effects or photoshop or whatever. Then you export a processed sequence from there and can still render it with LRTimelapse.

Now in your case, where you did the cloning / healing I'd recommend to save the metadata in Lightroom and make a copy of those XMP files, to not loose your edits.

Then try doing the regular LRTimelapse workflow - only when doing the auto transition hold the Shift-Key - this will leave your cloing/stamping alone.

Should that go wrong, you can always go back, if you copy your backuped XMPs back into the folder and do "read metadata from files" in Lightroom.

RE: Spot healing after in lightroom- - Ballert - 2019-08-02

Thank you for the advice- I shall try this tonight/tomorrow and see how it goes!

RE: Spot healing after in lightroom- - Ballert - 2019-08-02

Being that windows doesn't seem to have a raw image viewer, I had to take some time to removes a few hundred photos or so that were not apart of the time lapses I took. (in hind sight I should have switched memory cards all together)

Now that I have relocated those files to another location- I turned on LRT5 and went to my original file for time lapse- got the key frames selected, and now when i try to import to lightroom via library screen- the import button is "grayed out"- or un-selectable) Would this be because of the files already being imported before? or could it be because that particular hard drive is close to being full? I just ordered another one.

Confusedighs:

RE: Spot healing after in lightroom- - Gunther - 2019-08-02

You need to remove the old (orphaned) sequence from lightroom first, otherwise it will be detected as duplicate.