LRTimelapse Forum
B12 - User Interface goes funky - Printable Version

+- LRTimelapse Forum (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com)
+-- Forum: LRTimelapse (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Forum-lrtimelapse)
+--- Forum: LRTimelapse 6 - Bug reports (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Forum-lrtimelapse-6-bug-reports)
+---- Forum: Closed Topics (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Forum-closed-topics)
+---- Thread: B12 - User Interface goes funky (/Thread-b12-user-interface-goes-funky)

Pages: 1 2

B12 - User Interface goes funky - martinheck - 2022-01-25

This is something I noticed even on LRT 5.6+ versions actually.
Please see attached screenshot for the problem.

I tried to find some pattern on when it happens but it seems kinda random after some time of using LRT.
One scenario when it happens more often than average, is once you scroll to the last image in the folder.

I'm trying to wrap my head around it for a couple weeks now, but can't figure it out.
A thing to note too is that it happens on three different computers for me.
All are running Windows 10 Pro. Two AMD workstations, one older Intel based Laptop. Let me know if you need more information.
The LRT log file shows no unusual activity to my eye (Its 440kb, can't upload it here)

RE: B12 - User Interface goes funky - Gunther - 2022-01-25

Hi Martin,
that's indeed strange. Such behavior comes from outside LRTimelapse, it indicates an incompatibility between Java and the Graphics drivers. Strange also that you experience it on different computers especially since others don't report the issue.
LRTimelapse uses the high level UI functions that Java offers, it doesn't do any low level stuff. That makes it nearly impossible for me to intervene here especially since I can't reproduce it. Do you have any patterns when it happens? Does minimizing the screen and reopening it fix it?

RE: B12 - User Interface goes funky - martinheck - 2022-01-25

Very weird indeed. I assumed something Java related as well, since the functionality of the program is not affected.
Once it starts acting up, only a restart of LRT helps. Changing the window size helps, until I move the mouse.
After a fresh start its usualy fine, the longer and the more you do in LRT, the more likely it becomes it.
It also can happen in sub-menus or windows. See screenshot.

Just as overview. Computer Configs tested:

AMD 3970X + RTX3090
AMD 3900X + RTX3080
Intel i7-6700HQ + GTX960M
Intel i7 6900K + GTX1080

Makes no sense to me. The only combining factor are Nvidia GPU's. So if java and Nvidia wouldn't play well together it would make sense.
On the other hand then, why does nobody else have this problem? It's a mystery.

RE: B12 - User Interface goes funky - Gunther - 2022-01-26

Update: for an alternative Exe launcher see below.

Hi Martin, I'm attaching an alternative launching script.
Please unzip it into your LRTimelapse Program folder (C:\Program Files\LRTimelapse 6).
Then launch the CMD file LRTimelapse_noD3D.cmd from there by double clicking on it.
Let me know if that helps!

RE: B12 - User Interface goes funky - martinheck - 2022-01-31

This seems to work. Tested with B13. Once with B13-stock, once with the modified launcher. Why it happens in the first place is still unknown and weird, but seems to do the trick. Thanks for that!

RE: B12 - User Interface goes funky - Cain - 2022-02-02

I am also having the same issue, but I am using an Nvidia chipset and newest drivers. I will try the file above as well. Thanks Smile

RE: B12 - User Interface goes funky - Gunther - 2022-02-02

I'm attaching an alternative Exe Launcher. Please put it into C:\Program Files\LRTimelapse 6
Then you can add a shortcut to your desktop or taskbar.

Let me know, if this works for you!

RE: B12 - User Interface goes funky - jrg63 - 2022-02-06

I've had the same issue repeatedly and the only way to fix is to save in LRTimelapse, then exit out and restart the app. Happens most often when I minimize LRTimelapse for a period then return to it but its not consistent. It would be nice to have a button to redraw the GUI to try and avoid this.

RE: B12 - User Interface goes funky - Gunther - 2022-02-06

There is no way for LRT to fix this itself via a button (if it was, it wouldn't happen) since this is an incompatibility between the runtime and obviously the graphics driver / d3d layer.

Did you try the alternative launcher that I've attached in my last post? No feedback about that yet. I'd really like to hear if it works because then I'd include it in the next release.

RE: B12 - User Interface goes funky - martinheck - 2022-02-06

For me it works well. So far I couldn't get it to fail with D3D disabled. Maybe others can confirm that as well?