LRTimelapse Forum
Image stablization - Printable Version

+- LRTimelapse Forum (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com)
+-- Forum: LRTimelapse 6 (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Forum-lrtimelapse-6)
+--- Forum: LRTimelapse - Feature requests (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Forum-lrtimelapse-feature-requests)
+--- Thread: Image stablization (/Thread-image-stablization)

Pages: 1 2

Image stablization - Eyestarone - 2012-10-19

Sometimes it is not possible to shoot from an absolutely stable support such as a tripod on the ground. In my case I'd like to be able to use a telescoping 48 foot "mast" I have. This would allow me to obtain a high vantage point in situations where you would want to look over something or to be able to look down on a scene. The issue is that like any other tower there is some subtle movement.

I can see from working with the LRTimelapse program and Lightroom-4 that there is the potential to "key" in on a few points within a frame and track them over the course of the image sequence. The would remove jitter that results from the very fine movement in various situations.

Can this be added to the features?

RE: Image stablization - Gunther - 2012-10-20

Hi, thank you for your suggestion. I've certainly thought about this but there are some technical limitations that don't allow me to implement this right in LRTimelapse. I suggest going for an dedicated stabilizer, such as the Warp Stabilizer in After Effects/Premiere.

RE: Image stablization - keksi - 2012-10-28

Stabilisation in LRT would be soooo great.....

RE: Image stablization - 1tio1 - 2013-01-03

(2012-10-20, 09:57)gwegner Wrote: Hi, thank you for your suggestion. I've certainly thought about this but there are some technical limitations that don't allow me to implement this right in LRTimelapse. I suggest going for an dedicated stabilizer, such as the Warp Stabilizer in After Effects/Premiere.

Those stabilizer effects in AE or Premiere, are they standard installed in those programs or do you have to download/install them apart?

Thanks!

RE: Image stablization - Gunther - 2013-01-04

Warp stabilizer is included both in Premiere CS6 and After Effects CS6.

RE: Image stablization - 1tio1 - 2013-01-04

(2013-01-04, 11:57)gwegner Wrote: Warp stabilizer is included both in Premiere CS6 and After Effects CS6.

Thanks!
I really like this forum and especially your support to it.
Excellent job!

And, Altiplano was just amazing! Smile

RE: Image stablization - Gunther - 2013-01-04

Thank you very much!

RE: Image stablization - 1tio1 - 2013-01-04

(2013-01-04, 18:15)gwegner Wrote: Thank you very much!

I could have posted it on the other thread I recently started, about AE. But I think it's here more on-topic.

Let's say I made a time lapse sequence and at a given time there's a bit of a shake. Or assume, my tripod shifted a bit because of the wind or I had to replace the battery during shooting and my framing has changed a tiny little bit.

Could you stabilize that in AE using any stabilizer?
If so, best before combining the sequence into a video or after rendering the video and bringing back into AE?

What will give you the best results?

It should be a little disaster if you're thinking you've got a brilliant time lapse sequence and then in all of a sudden there's some terrible shifting or shaking.

Again, thanks in advance :p

RE: Image stablization - Gunther - 2013-01-05

I would apply the stabilizing on the image sequence taken into After Effects after processing it with LRTimelapse (no crop animation!). This will stabilize using the full resolution. Then export.

RE: Image stablization - 1tio1 - 2013-01-05

(2013-01-05, 13:36)gwegner Wrote: I would apply the stabilizing on the image sequence taken into After Effects after processing it with LRTimelapse (no crop animation!). This will stabilize using the full resolution. Then export.

Okay, I'm going to try that when it has to be done.

Thanks again!