LRTimelapse Forum
6D + OTG USB issue - Printable Version

+- LRTimelapse Forum (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com)
+-- Forum: Time Lapse Shooting (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Forum-time-lapse-shooting)
+--- Forum: LRTimelapse and qDslrDashboard Auto-Holy-Grail Ramping (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Forum-lrtimelapse-and-qdslrdashboard-auto-holy-grail-ramping)
+--- Thread: 6D + OTG USB issue (/Thread-6d-otg-usb-issue)

6D + OTG USB issue - jellybobo - 2013-11-02

I hook my Galaxy S3 with Canon 6D via OTG USB
The connection is good. DSLR Dashboard able control all camera setting

But once I start to shoot timelapse (with Interval cable control)
The app still does counting shots and time but I didn't show the next image
and unable to change shutter speed or ISO for holy grail timelapse.

I have to pause interval remote and change setting from app then resume the shooting

Try to reset everything and make new connection but I still stuck with this problem.
I don't have TPLINK and I know 6D wifi won't won't work with DSLR Dashboard

Are there anyway I can fix this?

RE: 6D + OTG USB issue - scotchtape - 2013-11-02

I don't want to threadjack but with my 6D - a lot of settings work, but one thing does NOT work: dslrdashboard will NOT show the metering of the camera at all.

It works on my 5d but not my 6D Sad

RE: 6D + OTG USB issue - Gunther - 2013-11-03

@jelly: make sure the 6D has enough time between the closing of the shutter und the opening for the next frame.
At least 2 secs, better 2.5 - that cam needs a rather long time to transfer and become responsive again - otherwise it will become totally unresponsive and you are screwed when shooting - I had this a couple of times as well when doing the holy grail.
If y use auto-holygrail make sure to set the longest shutter at least 2.5 secs shorter then the interval.
My Nikons are a lot faster and more responsive. I don't know, if a faster memory card would probably help, didn't try it.

RE: 6D + OTG USB issue - jellybobo - 2013-11-03

(2013-11-03, 00:45)gwegner Wrote: @jelly: make sure the 6D has enough time between the closing of the shutter und the opening for the next frame.
At least 2 secs, better 2.5 - that cam needs a rather long time to transfer and become responsive again - otherwise it will become totally unresponsive and you are screwed when shooting - I had this a couple of times as well when doing the holy grail.
If y use auto-holygrail make sure to set the longest shutter at least 2.5 secs shorter then the interval.
My Nikons are a lot faster and more responsive. I don't know, if a faster memory card would probably help, didn't try it.

my interval time that I tried are 2sec and 5 sec.
2sec definitely doesn't work
5sec. is working sometime but usually don't
I'll try 6sec and 10 sec. next time

I saw the other thread on 7D and he cut white wire of his cable to stop half press function. i'll try it if needed to.

RE: 6D + OTG USB issue - Gunther - 2013-11-03

The problem is not the interval, it's the difference between interval and shuttertime...
Obviously the canon timer has it's problems as well, I'm using the Pixel timer, it works fine.