LRTimelapse Forum
alternate auto key frame work flow - Printable Version

+- LRTimelapse Forum (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com)
+-- Forum: LRTimelapse 6 (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Forum-lrtimelapse-6)
+--- Forum: LRTimelapse - Feature requests (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Forum-lrtimelapse-feature-requests)
+--- Thread: alternate auto key frame work flow (/Thread-alternate-auto-key-frame-work-flow)

alternate auto key frame work flow - Dunks001 - 2012-01-04

Hello.
I have a folder with about 2500 jpegs that I'm at war with. I hope someone here has won this battle already. Smile
The folder of images look great in LR3.6. I'd like to do a simple move. When I bring it into LRTL sections of the metadata are missing on approx 10% of the files and I get a few sporadic "hot" frames. I don't see these problems after saving and reading the files in LR. In LRTL, selecting fix it, running the wizard or copying the info doesn't work. Someone posted a problem with LR saving the metadata. To combat this, I've saved metadata 100 files at a time and waited for the previews to finish loading. It hasn't worked. Since LR looks good... I exported new files and tried the experiment again. I ended up with the same problem. Either the metadata is corrupt on the originals or there is a bug.
Frustrated, I'm running the folder through GBDeflicker. Then plan to use LRTL and LR3.6...

I'd like a simple metadata check and edit feature. Something fast. Waiting for each file preview to load is really killing me. Could this be done in a spreadsheet?

Another time saving/workflow feature request involves autokeyframe animation. I'd love be able to change the first image in my LR folder and have LRTL animate from "first frame" to "last frame."

RE: alternate auto key frame work flow - Gunther - 2012-01-04

(2012-01-04, 20:02)Dunks001 Wrote: When I bring it into LRTL sections of the metadata are missing on approx 10% of the files and I get a few sporadic "hot" frames.
To avoid this Lightroom Problems fully initialize the metadata in LRTimelapse (select all, right Mouse, initialize metadata).

Then set your keyframes in LRT. Save.

Go to Lightroom read Metadata, filter for 1 star ratings. Edit this key frames. Save Metadata for them (only them).

Return to LRTimelapse. Reload. Make your transitions. Save.

Return to Lightroom, load Metadata for all images (clear filter).

Export video.

Quote:I'd like a simple metadata check and edit feature. Something fast. Waiting for each file preview to load is really killing me. Could this be done in a spreadsheet?
Thats what LRTimelapse is for if you do it right.

Quote:Another time saving/workflow feature request involves autokeyframe animation. I'd love be able to change the first image in my LR folder and have LRTL animate from "first frame" to "last frame."
Thats what LRTimelapse does - or maybe I don't understand your request. BTW: have you watched the tutorial videos?

Best wishes
Gunther

RE: alternate auto key frame work flow - Dunks001 - 2012-01-05

Hi Gunther,
Thank you for the help.

I've watched the tutorials and have done many successful LRTL renders. I love LRTL. It works beautifully 99% of the time. I've ran into a few folders with unfixable issues. Maybe your LR tip will help.

I didn't write my second request clearly. I was frustrated with LR - looking for bad frames, tweaking colour whilst looking at very "zoomed in" images.