LRTimelapse Forum
LRTimelapse and Lightroom 4 (LR4 - Process version 2012) - Printable Version

+- LRTimelapse Forum (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com)
+-- Forum: LRTimelapse 6 (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Forum-lrtimelapse-6)
+--- Forum: Frequently Asked Questions (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Forum-frequently-asked-questions)
+--- Thread: LRTimelapse and Lightroom 4 (LR4 - Process version 2012) (/Thread-lrtimelapse-and-lightroom-4-lr4-process-version-2012)

LRTimelapse and Lightroom 4 (LR4 - Process version 2012) - Gunther - 2012-02-09

LRTimelapse 1.7 brings full support for Lightroom 4 since Version 1.7!

Background: Lightroom 4 brings a new Development process (called Process 2012, this is implemented in CS6 as well) with changed development parameters. The XMP-parameter Exposure for example is now called Exposure 2012 and behaves slightly different. There are a couple of new parameters as well and some were wiped off.

But note: Lightroom 4 supports the old process as well. In the development-module you will see a button with an exclamation mark that suggest you to upgrade to the new process when loading images with development settings from Lightroom 3.

For the use with LRTimelapse you now have to decide if you want to go with the new process (2012) or with the old one (2010), please be careful not to mix them up.

1.) You want to go with the new process

Fine, open up the new settings-dialog (Menu -> edit -> settings) in LRTimelapse and set the process-version to LR4. Now restart LRTimelapse. You are going to see that the exposure column is now renamed to Exposure 2012. Now you are fine to go. Initialize your metadata in LRTimelapse as usual and your images will get the new development-process applied. Now work as usual with LRTimelapse/Lightroom 4. No need to change anything in Lightroom.

Remark: if you have old sequences already developed and properly processed in LRTimelapse you could use the Lightroom feature to upgrade those sequences to the new 2012-Process, no need to initialize again in LRTimelapse in this case!

2.) You want to stick with the old process

No problem, let the setting on "LR3" in LRTimelapse and only take care to always start your process in LRTimelapse initializing your metadata there (like you should anyway). In Lightroom take care not to upgrade to the process 2012! This will leave you with the old develop module of Lightroom 3, so you won't be able to use the new develop abilities of Lightroom 4.

Please let me know how it works for you.

RE: LRTimelapse and Lightroom 4 (LR4 - Process version 2012) - JoseAlonsoLeon - 2012-06-26

Hello Gunther,

I installed LRTimelapse a couple of days ago and only yesterday I noticed that I was in LR3 mode and when I go to preferences to change that to LR4, I change it and it does not take or accept the change. It stays on LR3 regardless if I restart LRTimelapse!! Any suggestion? I have both versions still installed on my Mac, should I remove LR3 perhaps??

(2012-02-09, 11:45)gwegner Wrote: LRTimelapse 1.7 brings full support for Lightroom 4 since Version 1.7!

Background: Lightroom 4 brings a new Development process (called Process 2012, this is implemented in CS6 as well) with changed development parameters. The XMP-parameter Exposure for example is now called Exposure 2012 and behaves slightly different. There are a couple of new parameters as well and some were wiped off.

But note: Lightroom 4 supports the old process as well. In the development-module you will see a button with an exclamation mark that suggest you to upgrade to the new process when loading images with development settings from Lightroom 3.

For the use with LRTimelapse you now have to decide if you want to go with the new process (2012) or with the old one (2010), please be careful not to mix them up.

1.) You want to go with the new process

Fine, open up the new settings-dialog (Menu -> edit -> settings) in LRTimelapse and set the process-version to LR4. Now restart LRTimelapse. You are going to see that the exposure column is now renamed to Exposure 2012. Now you are fine to go. Initialize your metadata in LRTimelapse as usual and your images will get the new development-process applied. Now work as usual with LRTimelapse/Lightroom 4. No need to change anything in Lightroom.

Remark: if you have old sequences already developed and properly processed in LRTimelapse you could use the Lightroom feature to upgrade those sequences to the new 2012-Process, no need to initialize again in LRTimelapse in this case!

2.) You want to stick with the old process

No problem, let the setting on "LR3" in LRTimelapse and only take care to always start your process in LRTimelapse initializing your metadata there (like you should anyway). In Lightroom take care not to upgrade to the process 2012! This will leave you with the old develop module of Lightroom 3, so you won't be able to use the new develop abilities of Lightroom 4.

Please let me know how it works for you.

RE: LRTimelapse and Lightroom 4 (LR4 - Process version 2012) - Gunther - 2012-06-26

Hi, you don't need to remove LR3. LRTimelapse tries to write a property file when you close it, if this fails, it won't be able to recognize the LR4 setting next time.

Could you please have a look at the log - just open the System Console (tools/Console), set the filter to LRTimelapse and launch LRTimelapse than change the Setting to LR4 and close LRTimelapse (make sure you close it fully by clicking the red button on the top left edge of the window). Now see if in the log appears an error saying that it's not possible to write the user.props file. If so locate the user.props file in your system and provide write access to that folder.

RE: LRTimelapse and Lightroom 4 (LR4 - Process version 2012) - JoseAlonsoLeon - 2012-06-26

Gunther,

I'm really sorry to have bothered you with this. Perhaps too many hours shooting euh I mean trying to shoot the stars may have caused some blindeness. I tried to change this many times yesterday to no avail, and this morning I got up with the intent to ask you how to. I was glad to get a quick response and when I went to try and make the changes you suggested I opened LRTL and there it was, it showed the LR4 mode on startup.

So sorry to bother. Thanks again

Jose

(2012-06-26, 12:03)gwegner Wrote: Hi, you don't need to remove LR3. LRTimelapse tries to write a property file when you close it, if this fails, it won't be able to recognize the LR4 setting next time.

Could you please have a look at the log - just open the System Console (tools/Console), set the filter to LRTimelapse and launch LRTimelapse than change the Setting to LR4 and close LRTimelapse (make sure you close it fully by clicking the red button on the top left edge of the window). Now see if in the log appears an error saying that it's not possible to write the user.props file. If so locate the user.props file in your system and provide write access to that folder.